Turkey: British Embassy Programme Fund 2020-21
The British Embassy Ankara International Programme Fund is now open for project proposals for the UK Financial year 2020/2021
Implementation period: January 2021-March 2021
Deadline for submitting project bids to British Embassy: Friday, 6 November 2020
British Embassy International Programme Fund (BEF): The BEF supports programme activity in line with the UK government’s foreign policy objectives in Turkey during financial year (FY) 2020/21.
Freedom of expression and of the media will be a key priority area for this year’s programme. All projects submitted must directly support the efforts to promote media freedom, pluralism and professionalism in journalistic content.
The following types of activities are eligible under this call for proposals:
- conferences, seminars;
- training activities;
- awareness and dissemination actions;
- advocacy missions.
The BEF will consider applications for funding from relevant stakeholders, including civil society organizations, media associations, human rights organizations, investigative journalism networks and academic institutions. The funding will be in Pound Sterling (£). Grants requested under this call must fall between a minimum £20,000 (twenty thousand Pounds) and up to £80,000 (eighty thousand pounds).
Applications must be submitted in English. The BEF project proposals are shortlisted and approved by the British Embassy’s Post Programme Board. To apply for funding, interested organisations must submit a project proposal, activity-based budget form and due diligence form(please see attached) to the Embassy’s Projects Section. This will provide the basic information required to enable the Post Programme Board to make an assessment on whether or not the proposal will be shortlisted.
All British Embassy Programme Fund projects must clearly demonstrate how they:
- support the programme priorities;
- deliver value for money (VfM);
- meet OECD criteria for Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding.
Proposals will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the above mentioned priorities
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- Risk and financial accountability procedures
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Overall value for money (VfM)
- Project proposals must be received by midnight on Friday, 6 November 2020. Late proposals will not be considered.
- Proposals must be submitted using the attached forms only (Project Proposal, Activity Based Budget and Due Diligence Forms).
- Proposals must be submittedto BEF Mailbox
- Project proposals only selected for further consideration will be notified by the end of November 2020.
- The British Embassy aims to sign grant agreements with successful project implementers by end December 2020 the latest.
The above is a summary of the original procurement notice.Additional information and documents are available for download from the original procurement notice page.
- Grant announced on23 Oct 2020
- Deadline6 Nov 2020
- General Contact
- [email protected]
- please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this grant notice.