The Republic of Turkey has received a loan from Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) to finance Istanbul Seismic Risk Mitigation and Emergency Preparedness (ISMEP) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under contracts for Procurement of Consultancy Services for Design of Hospitals (AIIB-CB1) which will be implemented by Istanbul Project Coordination Unit (IPCU).
The consultancy services (“the Services”) shall include design services. Place of execution of the works for delivery of products or of provision of services is:
- Fatih Sultan Mehmet Education and Research Hospital
The new buildings are planned to be constructed within the existing hospital complex area. Some of the buildings on the lot are registered as historical structure and processes regarding finalizing the zoning plans are ongoing. These issues together with maintaining the uninterrupted operability of the hospital services should be taken into account during design stages.
It is envisaged that new design of the hospital will have a capacity of 1.200 beds.
The Services will include but not limited to as follows:
- Operational planning, medical planning, preparation of concept design, architectural drawings for the hospital buildings along with alternative architectural layouts to meet site conditions, functional and beneficiary need.
- Investigation of site specific soil parameters, requirements of geo-technical surveys and data collection studies for the site to examine the soil conditions for the hospital buildings to be constructed.
- Preparation of all related construction drawings considering technical requirements, applicable local and international standards (structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, electronics and communication, infrastructural and landscaping drawings etc.) in compliance with the newest Turkish Earthquake Code ensuring the seismic resistance of both the structural and nonstructural components of the hospital buildings in the case of a seismic event will occur in Istanbul.
- Preparation of all necessary tendering documents, technical specifications, cost estimation and Bill of Quantities etc. with respect to final construction drawings. The estimated duration for completion of the services is approximately 12 months.
The Republic of Turkey, Istanbul Governorship, Istanbul Project Coordination Unit now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are (not limited to):
- Company information: name, status, address, telephone number, facsimile number, year of establishment, contact person for the project, turnover for the previous 5 (five) years (2015-2016-2017-2018-2019), number of permanent staff and parttimers, fields of expertise;
- Details of experience in similar assignments mentioned in this RfEoI undertaken completed in past 10 (ten) years, including value of consulting services and value of works, location, number of staff involved in the contract, name of the Client, name of partners for contract execution and share of services, source of financing, type of services provided, contract commencement and completion dates, brief description of the contract; (in this context, submission of documents indicating that the firm has previously designed hospitals in accordance with the international standards and/or with required conditions of the EU Legislation.)
- Letters of recommendation from previous Employers;
- Resume (short version of Curriculum Vitae, specifying experience in similar assignments, max 10 resumes of experts of various professions requested under such services) of staff who may be available to work on the assignment(s);
- Form of association (sub-contractor/joint venture) for the execution of the contract(s), if the case may be, and identification of the leading company. Same information shall be submitted for the leading company and the associate companies.
- A list of ongoing assignments including the start and end dates and the personnel involved.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a subconsultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS (Quality Cost Based Selection) method set out in the AIIB’s “Procurement Instructions for Recipients” June 2, 2016. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 10:00 a.m. to 16:00 p.m. local time.
Expression of interest dossier shall be submitted in both hardcopy & softcopy(digital) formats and must be delivered in a written form to the address below by surface mail, courier or hand delivery by 07th of December, 2020 | 16:00 (local time, Istanbul). Applications by e-mail shall not be accepted. All submitted data shall be in English language. IPCU reserves the right to reject the applications received after the abovereferenced date.The above is a summary of the original procurement notice.
- Kazım Gökhan Elgin
- [email protected]
- +90 216 505 55 00
- +90 216 225 04 85
- Kısıklı Mahallesi Alemdağ Yanyolu No: 6 Üsküdar
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this tender/procurement notice.