The position is to be filled by November 1st, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
As Programme Coordinator you will coordinate the development and implementation of the projects and the appropriate use of funds and therefore, give guidance to the Heads of Project. You will be responsible for coordination, planning and development of German Federal Foreign Office, BMZ and UNOCHA funded projects inside Syria, in Turkey and Lebanon.
- Supporting the implementation of the programme in Turkey, in Lebanon, and in Syria in remote control together with the implementing partner(s).
- Attending and advocating in UN/NGO Cluster Meetings, in consultation with Country Director and the Welthungerhilfe Country Team
- Capacity building of Implementing Partner-Staff: organizing traninings and best practices in Project Cycle Management, SPHERE, CHS, and others
- Improving linkages with national organisations/NGOs
- Liasing with current and potential future donors present in the country
- Leading further programme and project development, as well as donor acquisition in consultation with the Programme Department and Country Director
- Identification and examination of new project ideas
- Staying in close contact with Security Advisor and Welthungerhilfe Staff in Gaziantep regarding security developments and necessary adjustments, as well as staying up to date about the context of the Syrian crisis
- Recruitment and mentoring of local staff members
- A university or polytechnic degree in International Development, Economics, Management, or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Good knowledge in program design, developing proposals, reporting, work-plans, budgets and other project documents
- Good knowledge of grant acquisition and institutional donor relations
- Experience with major donors (ECHO, BMZ, German Federal Foreign Office, UN Organizations)
- Strategic thinking regarding program development
- Profound knowledge of the context and developments in Syria as well as partner structures inside Syria
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Professional proficiency in English (verbal and written)
- German, Turkish and/or Arabic language skills will be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.*
- Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 22, 2019 by following this link.
- Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.