Position: Visa Officer
Type of employment: Full time. Employment for 11 month, with the possibility of permanent employment after 11 month.
Starting date: 1 October 2020 or soonest thereafter
Location: Royal Danish Embassy in Ankara, Turkey
Deadline for application: Friday, 21 August 2020, close of business
The Embassy is seeking to recruit a positive, pro-active, open-minded, detail-oriented visa officer. The post is open for Danish and EU/Schengen country nationals.
You will be working with a team of nine colleagues. The main tasks of the Visa section are handling of Schengen visa applications for Denmark and Iceland – and residence permit application for Denmark. As a Visa Officer, you will be responsible for all steps of the case processing. However, you are, expected to show the flexibility required for optimal handling of the entire portfolio of the Embassy and thus be ready to contribute to handling tasks outside your own portfolio.
Main tasks and responsibilities as a visa officer
- Examination of the Schengen visa- and residence permit applications and the related documentation, as well as interviewing of the applicants
- Registering of applications in its systems
- Written correspondence with applicants and other members of the public
- Answering phone calls regarding visa issues
- Contact to the Danish Immigration Service and other relevant stakeholders/authorities
- The working language of the Embassy is English; therefore, fluency in written and spoken English is a necessity.
- The job requires a bachelor’s degree or similar vocational administrative qualifications and/or relevant working experience.
- Ability to work in an inter-cultural environment.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office Programs) are of course required.
- Command of one of the Scandinavian and/or Turkish language is not a requirement but will be considered as an added advantage.
- An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment with a wide range of diverse tasks.
- Working with interesting and stimulating tasks under the supervision of the Consul responsible for the Visa Section of the Embassy.
- Great opportunities or further development of your professional and personal competences.
- You will be offered a full-time position for 11 month with the possibility of permanent employment thereafter – and be appointed according to regulations for local staff at the Royal Danish Embassy in Ankara, Turkey
- Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week.
- You will be entitled to 4 weeks of paid holiday per year.
- Your salary will reflect your qualifications, relevant experience and proven work-related results.
Employer’s pension contribution varies according to residence status in Turkey and home country.
Application and recruitment process
- To apply for the position, please send your application (cover letter, CV, proof of relevant education, recommendations (if any) and 2 references) in English to Consul of the Visa Section By e-mail to [email protected] Marked ‘Visa officer application’ in the subject line no later than 21 August 2020.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
The Embassy attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews expected to take place late August or early September 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to appointment.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact the Consul at [email protected]
The Danish Embassy is part of the Danish Foreign Service. The Embassy covers Turkey and Azerbaijan. The Embassy is an ambitious, high-paced and dynamic workplace with approximately 30 employees, 6 of whom are posted from the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.