IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 29/02/2020
Position: Procurement Officer (Turkish National Only).
Working Area: Office.
About: IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established in early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name: ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s offices are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey: Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria: Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring a decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: Procurement Officer (Turkish National Only).
Project / Department Title: Procurement.
Direct supervisor / Reports to: Procurement Coordinator.
Overall objective of the job:
To assist the procurement coordinator in receiving purchase requisitions, preparing tender papers and completing the documents required for the purchasing process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating and completion of all procurement activities of Gaziantep Office in Turkey and activities conducted in the field offices in NWS.
- Contribute to the production of regular procurement reports and ensuring that the Procurement Tracking Sheet is accurate and updated, and the reports are provided as requested to the Procurement Coordinator.
- Responsible for coordinating and completing all procurement processes, including accurate documentation for tendering, contracts and Purchase Orders, and ensure accurate maintenance of procurement minutes of meeting.
- Ensure all procurement is carried out in accordance with the IYD procurement standard operating procedures, donors’ requirements, and procurement related files for documentation is maintained for reference.
- Organize and contribute to market surveys, assessments on a regular basis, in accordance with Procurement needs.
- Provide regular reports to the procurement coordinator, covering all aspects of procurement.
- Maintain purchasing records, reports, and price lists.
- Negotiate and prepare contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of IYD and maintain supplier relationships.
- Sit in the procurement committee that analyses procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience.
- Ensure all orders are processed in a timely manner, tracked on overviews and that all relevant documentation is filed appropriately and databases are up to date.
- Carry out any other related duties as might be reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Relevant field).
- Significant relevant work experience will be considered as an added value.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies, and procedures.
- The ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a professional way.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational, multitasking and time-management skills.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- At least 1 year of experience with UN Agencies or an international/National organization is essential.
- Proven administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain accurate records.
Physical and personality traits required:
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaboratively with team members to achieve objectives.
- Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
*We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.*
- Applicants should be (Turkish National Only).
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.