Driver, GS2, TA, Gaziantep
Job Number: 526189
Locations: Asia and the Pacific: Turkey
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, an Advocate
If you are committed and passionate about making a lasting difference for children, UNICEF Turkey would like to hear from you.
How can you make a difference?
The Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Expected Results
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials. Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle. Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have:
- Secondary Education; a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Two years of work experience as a driver in a company, international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Fluency in English and Turkish.
For every Child, you demonstrate
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity, our core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results and our functional competencies of Analyzing, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing, Following Instructions and Procedures.
Learn more about our competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/unicefjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (on the application form and in your cover letter how (vacanciesinturkey.com) you heard about this position.
Closing Date Sun Sep 15 2019 16:55:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)