Job ID: 25962
Practice Area – Job Family: Management
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 25/09/2019
Duty Station: Istanbul, Turkey
Education & Work Experience: G-Bachelor’s Level Degree – 5 year(s) experience, I-Master’s Level Degree – 5 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type: FTA International
Posting Type: External
Bureau: Audit & Investigation
Contract Duration: 2 Years with possibility for extension
The Office of Audit and Investigations (OAI) reports to the Administrator and is responsible for internal audit and investigations services to UNDP and its affiliated entities. OAI provides independent, objective assurance on the effectiveness of risk management and the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls.
OAI has a decentralized organizational structure with Directorate and other headquarter units, based in New York, and Regional Audit Centres (RAC) located in the five regions covered by UNDP. The RAC is normally staffed with a Chief (P-5 level), three or four Audit Specialists (P-4 or P-3 level), and one Administrative Associate (G-6 level). RAC for Europe, the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Middle East (RAC-ECME) is based in Turkey, Istanbul.
The Audit Specialist reports to the Chief RAC-ECME. The primary role of the Audit Specialist is to carry out internal audits of UNDP country offices located in the regions covered by the RAC-EME. At times, this may include undertaking audit assignments in areas with hardship or hazardous working conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As member of an audit team and under the supervision of the team leader, prepares/ participates in the preparation of risk-based audit plans/ programmes.
- Prepares working papers for review by the audit team leader.
- Drafts specific parts of audit reports for review by the team leader.
- Monitors the status of audit recommendations and appraises adequacy of action taken on audit recommendations.
- May occasionally be called to serve as an audit team leader.
- As member of an audit team, conducts specific elements of the assignment in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policy guidelines.
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, governance and risk management.
- Documents findings and communicates orally and/ or in writing to the business units on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement.
- Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief, conducts special assignments including management reviews, consulting assignments, special audits, and training workshops.
- Undertakes frequent, and at times extended, missions to UNDP offices in the region, including to areas with hazardous working conditions.
- Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI.
- Participates in the implementation of his/her personal learning and training development plan.
- Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the Chief or OAI Director.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
Ability to persuade others to follow;
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction;
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
Ability to get things done.
Embraces extra responsibility.
Build team morale & consensus.
Task Management Skills:
Produces timely, quality outputs.
Exercises sound judgment/analysis.
Develops creative solutions.
Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Building & Sharing Knowledge:
Actively builds deep knowledge in one or more areas,
Makes valuable practice contributions.
Applies existing knowledge to work.
Provides advice & support to others.
Provides constructive coaching and feedback.
Acts as long-term mentor for others.
Acts on personal development plan.
Demonstrated ability to perform the following services, in accordance with professional standards:
- Internal audits
- Performance audits
- Project audits
- Advisory services
Demonstrated ability to use the following tools:
- Microsoft office suite
- Electronic working paper software
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field.
- A first level degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation desirable.
- Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit.
- Working experience in an International Organization or Supreme Audit Institution is desirable.
- Field experience is an advantage.
- Experience in performance audits is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Good working knowledge of Russian or Arabic is desirable.
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
How to apply:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/undpjobs