Business Development Intern
Responsible to: TPM Director
Location: Remote, with potential travel to the office in Gaziantep, Turkey
Period: 3-6 months, part-time
About the organization:
Trust Consultancy and Development is an independent research and capacity development consultancy based in Turkey, providing a range of services to the whole of the MENA region. Our dedicated team aspires to provide a range of expert services to international and local NGOs, businesses, donors and third parties with vested interests in different aspects of development and humanitarian action.
Our work addresses the growing demand for a range of third-party research and capacity building services and our clients include Save the Children, People in Need, World Vision, Norwegian Refugee Council and Samaritan’s Purse. Currently, we are working in Syria, Turkey and Iraq with plans to work in additional countries in the MENA region. Our head office is in Gaziantep, Turkey with satellite field research bases in Syria and capacity development services offered in Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan.
About the role:
The Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) Department of Trust provides independent monitoring and evaluation services to local and international NGO clients using data collected from our extensive field teams in Syria, Turkey and Iraq. The TPM Department is looking for a part-time intern to assist in all aspects of business development for Trusts TPM Department in the Syria and Iraq regions.
The intern will primarily assist in identifying potential clients, partners, and TPM opportunities, as well as proposal writing, desk research, and any necessary administrative tasks related to business development and the TPM Department. The intern will contribute to the development of proposed research methodologies together with the TPM Director, gaining first experiences in M&E and research. Additionally, the Business Development Intern may be asked to support the TPM director in other research tasks, such as literature reviews, tool development, and report writing or editing.
This internship will be valuable to candidates with an interest in business development, M&E, the humanitarian sector, and the MENA region. There is also the potential to travel to the Trust office in Gaziantep during the internship to meet the team and be involved in projects directly. At the conclusion of the internship there may be opportunities to continue with us as we grow, and we will provide a full review at the end of your internship and a letter of recommendation. Detail-oriented, hard-working and committed candidates are encouraged to apply.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Identify proposal opportunities, potential clients and partners through desk research
- Contribute to and lead in proposal writing, including developing TPM/research methodologies under the supervision of the TPM Director
- Liaise with technical consultant and specialists, and assist in developing a consultant database
- Assist the TPM team with TPM projects in order to gain research experience. Responsibilities may include background research and desk reviews, tool development, data management, and report writing or editing in English
- Assist in developing or maintaining resources for business development (including templates, CVs, etc.)
- University Degree in a relevant field, preferably MA qualified or MA student in Development, Social Sciences or other relevant fields
- 1 year of professional experience in a related field
- Demonstrable interest in the humanitarian sector, MENA region, and Syria in particular
- Fluent/native English speaker
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Capable of managing diverse activities on a timely basis, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and internet research
- Very good organizational skills, analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and able to work in a multi-cultural work environment
- Able to work independently under remote supervision
- Experience in grant writing or business development strongly preferred
- Understanding of research and research methods preferred
- First experiences in marketing, branding, or graphic design preferred
- Knowledge of Arabic or Turkish preferred
- Interested candidates should send their C.V. and a covering letter of no more than a page expressing their interest in Trust to: [email protected] with “ Business Development Intern” as the subject of the email. The cover letter should clearly state their previous studies and experience, their research areas of interest and why their interest is currently relevant. It should also state their availability.
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
- Trust will contact shortlisted candidates and arrange for a Skype Interview. Trust will notify all applicants with the outcome of their application.