Vacancy Announcement / Terms of Reference
Job Title: Gender-Based Violence (GBV) officer
Location: Gaziantep / Turkey
Vacancy Code: TR-GBV-0719.
Closing Date: 22nd of July 2019.
Contract status Full-time
Contracting period ASAP till April 2020 (extension subject to funding and performance)
Lawyers and doctors for human rights is non-governmental organization which supports the civilians during the crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide the help in order to stop human rights violations and aiding the people in need to be effective community members.
The GBV Officer will be reporting directly to the programs manager and primarily responsible for delivering the first responders and stigma projects, updating the tracking system and leading the process of programs reporting for those projects and working with the LDHR Gender Committee in implementation of the LDHR Gender Policy.
Reports to: Programs Manager Department: Programs
Responsibilities and Duties:
- In relation to LDHR’s First Responder and Stigma work:
- Day-to-day management including planning with LDHR Trainers, working with logistics and procurement to ensure effective and efficiency implementation in accordance with the work plan, as well as reporting and collation of activity/delivery data including beneficiary feedback.
- working closely with Programs and ensuring close liaison with the operations department; this includes staying aware of any procurement and distribution developments, leading the process of gathering information from required team members related to PR’s, including ensuring technical justifications are provided for all procurement, maintaining the PR tracking tool and following up with operations on a daily basis
- Ensuring efficient spend and careful management of budget for this work, working closing with finance and Programs Manager to report and accurately forecast spend within the allocated budget
- Working with operations to ensure risk assessments and careful risk management in adherence with security policies and protocols.
- Working with LDHR Trainers to ensure training event reporting and monthly activity reporting completed and received on time, and progress sharing in weekly meetings and updating LDHR programs trackers on a daily basis. Ensure full and accurate record of all trainings and activities which were conducted in Syria or Turkey for both LDHR staff and other trainees and maintain an accurate tracker including (Training agenda, attendees list, training material ……).
- Supporting LDHR Trainers and First Responders in data collection for Advanced First Responder training mappings, and supporting analysis and reporting work for this activity.
- Supporting LDHR Trainers and First Responders in data collection or surveying for stigma work.
- Participate in regular meetings and communication with the field, ensuring information sharing with Programs Manager and other team members, as well as keeping an accurate log of all meetings on the online meetings tracker;
- Comprehensive and up-to-date record keeping of First Responder and Stigma work.
- In relation to support to the LDHR Gender Policy and Gender Committee:
- Act as LDHR’s focal point in GBV cluster meetings and all related cluster meetings.
- Act of the Gender focal point within the management team, facilitating implementation of the Gender Policy.
- Supporting the work of LDHR Gender Committee, coordinating and supporting meetings, assisting with implementation of their Action Plan and helping with monthly and quarterly reporting of their work and monitoring.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of any training through the Gender Committee.
- Acting as a liaison between the Gender Committee and LDHR Management Team, ensuing requests for information are responded to in a timely manner and assisting the management team with implementation of recommendations, and assisting with accurate budget management and spend reporting.
- Provide support to the Programs Manager, in areas of mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, timely reporting, project closure, project assessments, and internal information sharing.
- This Position might require travelling to Syria in order to supervise implementing LDHR’s activities in Syria.
- Contribute to routine collection, production, and sharing of monthly lessons learned; this is to be coordinated between all relevant programs departments.
- All other duties and tasks assigned by Programs manager.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Educated to degree level with at least a Bachelor’s degree in Health, Development or social science closely related to Humanitarian/Development sector.
- A minimum of 2 years working with Gender or GBV projects, both at the field and headquarters levels.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with international development programming.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential, Turkish is a plus.
- Excellent writing and research skills and a high level of computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Good administration skills with strong attention to details and the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to perform other duties and occasionally work irregular hours if needed.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Report-writing skills.
- Legally to work in Turkey (Only applications from candidates with a valid residence/working permit residing in Turkey will be considered, Turkish citizenship is highly recommended).
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may please fill required information in the following link below: