DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization working across a variety of sectors, including economic growth. We provide world class program management, analysis, monitoring and evaluation services, as well as technical assistance to a variety of public and private stakeholders. Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including the EU, USAID or the World Bank, among others. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com).
DT Global is looking for key expert candidates for the key expert position of “Digital Transformation Team Leader” under the framework of the EU funded tender ‘Technical Assistance for “From Design to Production: Digital Transformation of Apparel Sector in Turkey” Project’, with a duration of 36 months and tentative start date in January 2021.
Project overview: The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to achieve the integration of the textile and apparel sector of Turkey into global value chains by increasing the competitiveness of the textile and apparel enterprises and intermediary institutions. Turkey’s textile and apparel sector can enhance its positioning by increasing the current capacity only if it can achieve the digital transformation industry wide. In order to address the main problems, and exploit opportunities, the project is designed in a three-component/activity approach:
- Activity 1: Development of a Roadmap for the Textile and Apparel Sector and Capacity Building of IHKIB for Digital Transformation
- Activity 2: Provision of Training and Consultancy Services to Facilitate the Sector’s Digital Transformation and Social Compliance
- Activity 3: Provision of New Test and Analysis Services to Increase Environmentally Friendly Textile Applications
The Team Leader (TL) will work full time for the Project will be responsible for the management and quality assessment of technical assistance and inputs provided by the TAT (including the non-key experts). In his/her capacity as the leader of the TAT, the main functions of the Team Leader will be as follows but are not limited to:
- Produce the technical parts of the contractual reports, such as the inception report, progress reports, and final report, by obtaining inputs from experts,
- Produce, in cooperation with the other members of the technical assistance team, the work plans and resource schedules, and identify and check the profiles of the non-key experts to be mobilised by the Contractor,
- Review the technical reports and proposals to be produced by the experts and assure quality and coherence of reports,
- Represent the project at key project-relevant events and meetings,
- Monitor on a daily basis the progress of the project against the pre-determined and agreed upon time plans, and report to the CA and ERA possible deviations from the predetermined and agreed upon time plans and resource schedules,
- Report to CA and the Senior Representative of End Recipient.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelors’ degree in any field
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Textile Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering/ Business Administration is an asset
- Excellent command of English (speaking, reading and writing)
General professional experience
- Minimum 15 years of working experience following the attainment of a Bachelor’s degree (Up to 25 years of working experience will be considered as an asset)
- Minimum 3 years of working experience as a team leader/deputy team leader/project manager/program manager in EU/internationally funded project/programme(s) (Only the references indicating uninterrupted 6 months of full-time presence or more experience will be considered acceptable)
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in provision of training/consultancy services to international institution(s)/multi-national enterprise(s) in the apparel/fashion/textile sector(s)
- Minimum 1 year of strategy and policy development experience at interregional national/international level related to the manufacturing sector is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience in production or quality&control or R&D or marketing department(s) at a multi-national apparel/textile enterprise and/or international institution is an asset.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.