General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The main purpose of this position is to manage, account, monitor, all payments, vouchers and other relevant finance matters in relation to GOAL-SYRIA activities for day to day cash inflows and outflows, vouchers ensuring proper systems and that procedures are being followed, as well as assist Finance Staff in Syria of the above mentioned matters and to assist the Financial Controller and DFM in preparation of relevant reports.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Oversee petty cash maintenance, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorised and recorded;
- To pay floats for Logistic staff after ensuring available codes and programs.
- To pay expenditures and salaries for Syrian Staff.
- To participate with committee in monthly stock take for GOAL warehouses in 3 areas.
- Keep the FM/DFM updated on your work progress throughout the month and bring all major finance issues to his or her attention.
- Maintain excel cash books, ensuring all movements are recorded and coded to appropriate donors and projects.
- Ensure all purchases have been made following GOAL purchasing procedures and have all relevant supporting documentation attached to payment requisition.
- Prepare the Fixed Assets Register Month Spot check for Month end files.
- Other duties as requested by the Financial Controller/DFM.
- University degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience in accountancy.
- Excellent Microsoft excel experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in Arabic and intermediary English
- Integrity, Team player, Collaboration, Negotiation.
- Pro-Active Problem Solving.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (in the application form and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
Deadline to Apply for this Vacant: 21st August 2019.
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.