Vacancy Announcement / Terms of Reference
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Vacancy Code: SY-LG-100719.
Closing Date: 22nd of July 2019.
Contract status Full-time
Contracting period ASAP till March 2020.
Lawyers and doctors for human rights is a non-governmental organization which supports the civilians during the crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide the help in order to stop human rights violations and aiding the people in need to be effective community members.
The Logistic Officer is responsible for supporting the sound management for the Logistics function within the LDHR Country Office in Syria via participating in maintaining and applying LDHR Logistics policy and Procedure regarding the process, and all other aspects of Logistics function Responsibilities and Duties:
- Timely and duly prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Prepare tender documents such as RFQ, ITB or RFP and other instruments related to market research or market surveys such as RFI and EOI.
- Preparation of Pro-forma invoice and contract documents prior to submission for a signature to the relevant Procurement Authority
- Receipt of bid documents, review of the same, contracts and/or purchase orders as well as results of evaluation of bids/proposals and other formal/public documents;
- Ensure full compliance with the Donor requirements and internal manuals/ guidelines
- Prepare weekly requisition status reports providing the most updated information about the status of each requisition;
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities of a Procurement/ Logistics Officer.
- Provide guidance to Procurement personnel and Project personnel on matters relating to LDHR’ procurement manual.
- Represent Procurement department in meetings and such other discussions where procurement matters are relevant.
- Monitor the progress of shipments for LDHR and its partners and coordinate the delivery of the same at the place of delivery.
- Establish effective relations with the different Project Managers in a proactive manner
- Contributes in management of procurement contracts.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
محـــــامون وأطبــــاء من أجل حقــوق الإنســـان Lawyers & Doctors for Human Rights
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Assists in planning, designing and implementation of appropriate logistics systems including warehousing and in-country transport capacity, including the establishment of Long Term Arrangements and frame agreements for e.g. customs clearance, storage, transport and distribution as might be required.
- Raises logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for prioritization.
- For emergencies: Coordinates with Head office, and ensures LDHR’s interest and supplies are given appropriate priority.
- Identify, register and follow procurement project risks and escalate them whenever necessary.
- Facilitate and follow-up timely clearance, delivery, and handover of goods and consignments to partners
- Assists in organizing training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Assists in preparation and synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Management and Business/Public Administration or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement/logistics management.
- Experience in procuring requirements of significant complexity and value (experience in procuring under emergency situations would be an advantage);
- Ability to analyze procurement service / goods requirements
- Ability to lead procurement processes using specific and relevant procurement methods.
- Ability to apply organizational policies and procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Promotes knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Focuses on impact and result for the project and responds positively to feedback
- Builds strong relationships with partners and external actors
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may please fill required information in the following link below: