Position: Paid Job
Starting date: Immediately
Length of deployment: 3-4 months, with possibility of extension
Country Programme: Syria Response
Base: Kobane, North East Syria
Line Manager: Field Coordinator
About the mission:
PIN has been working in Northern Syria since 2012, providing emergency relief and early recovery support to conflict-affected communities. Programmes for conflict-affected communities in Syria focus mainly on Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, and Education, in addition to Early Recovery activities. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $30 million, engaging over 350 full time staff members across Northern Syria and cross-border response hubs in neighboring countries.
About the role:
With guidance and supervision from the Field Coordinator, the Logistics Specialist shall provide leadership for Procurement and logistics functions and teams particularly under USAID funded consortium project focused on Shelter and WASH. This is a short term deployment with 2 main objectives: 1) temporarily support the capacities of logistics and procurement teams in anticipation of several procurements of services and goods, 2) support the capacity building of procurement and logistics team. The Logistics Specialist will work closely with the North East Syria leadership (Field Coordinator, Deputy Field Coordinator, Procurement and Logistics manager and program teams) and the Head of Systems and Operations to ensure an effective and efficient procurement of goods, while ensuring PIN and other donors’ rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with the NES Program Managers, ensure timely procurement of goods and services in a safe and cost-effective manner, facilitated by good planning;
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services in collaboration with the program team;
- Coordinate the procurement cycle for all the program components of the consortium project with all the stakeholders (program, finance, coordination, suppliers, etc.) from the planning stage, to contract signature until delivery completion;
- Ensuring compliance with PIN’s procurement policies and procedures, and the rules and regulations of donor;
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and Logistics and Procurement Manager for NES and ensure appropriate storage & stock management standards across the warehouses;
- Ensure all contracts and contractual terms, particularly the technical specifications, are respected by supplier
- Ensure all accompanying documentation is filed in an appropriate and accessible manner to ensure a clear audit trail;
- Provide support, guidance and capacity building to Procurement team to be able to achieve the objectives.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization; with at least 3 years of working experience in procurement in insecure environments
- Extensive experience in logistics and/or security management and procedures
- Ability to work independently and multi – task under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (preferably a native English speaker or excellent knowledge of written English required);
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts is an advantage;
- Familiarity with the humanitarian context in Syria is an advantage;
- Fluent English both spoken and written, including excellent report writing skills (Arabic is an advantage).
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse on PIN expense
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel health insurance
- Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
- Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).