Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Overview of Position:
The Programs Director contributes to the development of BAHAR Organization’s strategy by supporting the design, preparation and implementations of projects and by providing cross-sectoral inputs for programs development. He/she represents the organization within forums, high level meetings, bilateral donor meetings. He/she specifically the guarantor of the quality and suitability of proposed technical approaches and ensures the appropriateness between BO’s activities and general objectives and needs of the population. He/she coordinates the programs cycle and more particularly the operational monitoring of programs implemented in the intervention countries. He/she contributes to the capitalization process and the improvement of BO’s methods and techniques.
Reports to: Executive Director
Program Managers, Grants Manager, Partnership Coordinator, Project Coordinators, Officers, Assistants and Volunteer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Communication and representation
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with Authorities, Institutions, Donors, International Agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Monitor donor’s priorities and intervention strategies in the countries of interest as well as mapping and approach new donors.
- Define countries priorities based on context and needs analyses; monitor donor intervention strategies in the countries of interest.
- Creating a strong and visible profile for the organization.
- Communicating information regarding BO and its program at National level to Government, Donors and INGOs, alliances and networks across a range of fora.
- Engaging appropriately with the media to ensure that BO’s values, vision and programs are highlighted.
- Representing BO in strategic national and international meetings.
- Ensuring relationships and formal agreements with the government are maintained and updated.
- Lead and manage the Programs Managers, the Grants Manager, the Partnership Coordinator and the MEAL Manager, and indirectly all program staff at lower levels.
- Mentor and support the team to build capacities, and improve efficiency and performance, and follow career management.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts among staff at area level.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing for a positive working environment.
Project management and development :
- Provide leadership in the design, and quality of the Programs, including, but not limited to, supporting reporting, development of concept papers, budgets and project proposals.
- Design, promote and elaborate new interventions according to the needs identified on the field and donors’ priorities.
- Initiate, coordinate and supervise the creation and implementation of the organization strategy on middle and long term.
- Continuously assess, analyze and evaluate the impact of the country programs, sometimes through periodic visits to the areas of intervention.
- Support the drafting, promoting, and rolling out of all strategic planning documents in broad consultation with all staff. These documents include strategies for all programs sectors. Ensure proper understanding of these documents by relevant actors (e.g., staff members, partners, NGOs, government counterparts, and donors).
- Lead the coordination of assessments for programming in existing or new project locations.
- Support the development of an appropriate MEAL structure and ensure that program management tools and systems are relevant. Develop internal mechanisms for institutional learning and memory.
- Improve the quality of services provided, through supervision of key staff, analysis and dissemination of MEAL data and lessons learnt. Lead the development of MEAL frameworks for all projects, and, together with Program/Project Managers, design appropriate project monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools.
- Ensure a harmonised approach to accountability and beneficiary participation in all Bahar’s projects and field offices, in line with the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development programmers.
- Substantial experience working in a complex conflict environment.
- Proven successful people management experience, managing large teams.
- Proven project and budget management experience, managing large scale budgets.
- Proven ability in strategic planning and thinking.
- *Proven ability in acquiring and managing institutional funding; Proven security management experience.**
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Language proficiency: Advanced (reading, writing and speaking) English, Arabic preferred
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to transfer gained skills to other staff.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Adhering to organization’s vision, mission, goals and objectives; commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
- Knowledge and familiarity with institutional donor funding requirements and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to synthesize.
- Strong attention to details and high level of organization.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills. Effective leadership and planning and excellent dispute resolution skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should apply by sending their CVS and a cover letter to the following email address: [email protected]
- Candidates need to indicate the Position applied for in the subject line.
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com.
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
- The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.