AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Psychological Counsellor who will be positioned in Sanliurfa Office.
• Provide individual and/or group psychological support, counselling for beneficiaries (adults and children).
• Assess and evaluate psychological and mental health needs of beneficiaries; elaborate a diagnosis/case formulation; establish a plan of treatment/intervention and implement the planned intervention/treatment accordingly.
• Plan and implement MHPSS consultations with regular intervals according to respective treatment plans.
• Upon clinical assessment, whenever pertinent, refer the beneficiary to the relevant medical (ie: Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Neurology…) and/or socio-educational services (ie: Counselling and Research Centers (RAM); Special Education and rehabilitation services…).
• Follow up closely the condition of the referred beneficiary with the relevant professionals and/or service providers;
• Establish and facilitate the beneficiary-related collaborative communication among involved professionals and/ or service providers within the limits of confidentiality and informed consent of the beneficiaries.
• Coordinate and collaborate closely with the involved caseworkers about the process and progress of MHPSS interventions planned for the beneficiary within the framework of case management action plans – respecting confidentiality.
• Provide psycho-education or other psychosocial activities to beneficiaries, care-takers, target community and AAR Japan Staff about MH and related protection concerns: ( SGBV; early marriage etc. )
• Report to MH specialist and relevant members of Case Management Team about any issues or problems that may arise related to beneficiaries’ treatment in order to provide the best possible intervention from a holistic biopsychosocial perspective.
• Keep regular and accurate records and relevant documentation of all MHPSS activities on a weekly basis: clinical files about each consultation, clinical referral documents; administrative documents, weekly schedules, etc.
• Actively participate in regular clinical supervision sessions and clinical trainings with Mental Health Specialist, with requisite documentation and preparation.
• Provide monthly statistics about MHPSS activities to team supervisors.
• Participate in operational and/or administrative staff meetings.
• Ensure that all patient information and documentation is kept confidential.
Turkish Nationals only
Fluency in Arabic and English is a must
2 years of experience in related position
BA in Psychology (or Psychological Counselling)
Kurdish language skill is preferable.
- Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to [email protected] with the code number which is SU-PSYC-19 in the subject line after filling the application form on: https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify in both your e-mail and cover letter
that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
by the 30th of June 2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returnedLiked it? Found what you were looking for? Please take a second to support Vacancies in Turkey (ViT) on PATREON, which provides free services for both job seekers and job providers.