Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelors or Master’s degree in related field (Education/ Psychology/ Social Studies or Business Administration etc.), humanitarian studies, or International Development. Significant relevant work experience in these specific areas will be considered as an added value.
General Work Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Protection Project Manager/ Coordinator with understanding of General Protection Sector and Child Protection, Mine Action, and Gender Based Violence Sub-sectors.
- Has the flexibility to deal rapidly with numerous and often simultaneous problems in an effective manner.
- Patient and good communicator who can function in an organization employing a multi-national staff, and whose sites are geographically distributed in areas of the country difficult to access during certain periods of the year. Remote management experience is desired.
- Languages: Very Good in English and Arabic (writing –reading –speaking). Turkish language will be strongly desired
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization and work prioritization
- Being analytical with strong attention to details
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making
- Project Management
- Remote management
- People management
- Leadership and development
- Work overtime when required
- Collaborative and cooperative with other related departments e.g. Supply Chain, Finance, HR, MEAL …etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the successful completion of assigned projects on a day to day basis to ensure the effective and accountable management of SR projects.
- Set Project plans (detailed implementation plan, procurement plan, human resource plan, spending plan…etc)
- Ensuring effective implementation of projects that meets contractual obligations including all partner/ donor policy, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensuring activities are in line with community and beneficiary needs
- Ensuring project activities are implemented to a high quality based upon related standards (e.g. Sphere, Child Protection Minimum Standards CPMS, International Mine Action Standards IMAS Core Humanitarian Standards, …etc)
- Managing Budgets and understand Financial Reports
- Prepare and follow up with Projects Financial requests
- Managing project team effectively
- Ensuring proper project documentation and compilation of project data
- Maintaining proper communication with the partner, donor and local authorities
- Sharing information with donor, technical sector cluster, other NGOs and coordination structures
- Travel frequently to Gaziantep to attend Partners/ Protection Cluster/Sub-Clusters and Working Groups meetings.
- Conduct field visits to Syria on regular basis
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational
- Ensure all internal and external narrative and financial reports (weekly, monthly, interim and final) are submitted within agreed timeframes to the relevant stakeholders
- Coaching, mentoring, training and development of project staff
- Coordinate closely with the program manager on the project implementation progress
- Work closely with other departments on all issues related to assigned projects.
How to Apply:
- Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of the HR Department in Syria Relief to [email protected] with the job code “SR.TR.ANT.PPRM“ in the subject line .
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers
“All Suriye Yardım Derneğ members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as, SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct.”