Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Overview of Position:
The Health Program Manager is directly managed by the executive director, and responsible for the overall management and supervision mechanism of the health and nutrition program of Bahar Organization in Northern Syria.
Reports to: Executive Director .
Report for: Program Coordinator, Officers, Assistants and Volunteers.
- Develop the strategic planning for the department in line with the overall strategy of the organization.
- Represent the organization through the meetings, workshops, and other related events in Turkey or outside Turkey.
- Attend the meetings related to this position, or any meeting as per the line manager request.
- Communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders, including the clusters coordinators and partners, and develop a communication mechanism with them to maintain proper channels of communication with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the health projects in a programmatic manner in order to meet the projects objectives within budget in a timely manner, and report any operational concerns.
- Manage the health team in Turkey, and provide strong leadership of the health and nutrition program.
- Support the liaison office of Bahar in Erbil remotely and directly.
- Maintain and strengthen the comprehensive integration of nutrition and health plans of intervention.
- Ensure that health activities are delivered in line with donor requirements, and in accordance with the humanitarian principles and SPHERE standards, and Bahar SOPs.
- Field visits considering the security situation and reports.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports of the program progress and achievements.
- Determine any specific need of capacity building related to the position and inform the line Manager.
- Provide related training to the health team in Turkey or in the field.
- Contribute to the donor mapping and communication process, and identify potential donors.
- Contribute to the project and budget proposal development.
- Provide the technical support to the grants manager and partnership coordinator.
Skills and Abilities:
- Medical / health Certificate / Three years’ experience minimum in NGOs at least .
- Proposal Writing and Program Management.
- English language proficiency: Advanced (reading, writing and speaking).
- MS Office suit proficiency: Very good.
- Demonstrated ability to train and improve capacity building of other staff.
- Ability to transfer gained skills to other staff.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- An analytical mind with strategic ability.
- Empathy with organisational vision, mission, goals and objectives; commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
- Strong hand on experience and knowledge of institutional donor funding requirements and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong attention to details and high level of organisation.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Effective leadership and planning and excellent dispute resolution skills.
- Presentable, Transparency .
- Interested candidates should apply by sending their CVS and a cover letter to the following email address: [email protected]
- Candidates need to indicate the Position applied for in the subject line.
- The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.