The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists to alleviate the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aid and developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website (http://maramfoundation.org/).
Function and Organizational Relationships
The SNFI Project Officer will be following up with the Shelter and Non-Food Items (SNFI) projects planning, designing, implementation inside Syria. The projects include the distribution of tents, NFIs and graveling activities for tents roads and yards with proper drainage system, also house rehabilitation is part of the projects. In addition to following up with the support department to ensure the smooth project implementation. She/He will be based in Maram’s Gaziantep office.
Position: SNFI Project Officer
Position Reports to Programs Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Vacancy Ref. No: MF-HR/20-240
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, Develop, Revise, Update, and file with donors SNFI proposals on behalf of Maram Foundation in North West Syria by working closely with other departments within Maram Foundation finance, and logistic departments and other SNFI actors, considering budget, time, and resources.
- Manage the execution, implementation, budget, resources and on time delivery of new SNFI projects for beneficiaries to meet Maram Foundation standards of quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines.
- Manage and monitor the ongoing SNFI activities administered directly by Maram Foundation and its partners.
- Coordinate the activities of Maram Foundation SNFI department with donors, partners, stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental counterparts and local authorities to deliver SNFI services to beneficiaries.
- Develop, revise and update SNFI Strategy, Support plans and operational plans for Maram Foundation programs in North West Syria by working closely with technical staff of implementing partners and other SNFI actors, taking into account practical aspects of implementation, long-term sustainable solutions, and relevant technical specifications and guidelines.
- Keep Maram Foundation Management up to date on the development and progress of SNFI programs planning, budgeting and input to financial management of the program. Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Provide technical guidance, reports and support to partners on all SNFI related issues, to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness, sustainability and impact soundness in their implementation and in accordance with Maram Foundation policies, standards and priorities.
- Identify, and address Maram Foundation SNFI staff capacity building activities to address key areas of SNFI importance to beneficiaries and other people in need to Maram Foundation.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Assurance
- Ensure that mechanisms to monitor the performance of Maram Foundations partners on SNFI activities in the IDPs camps / settlements / host community are in place.
- Manage and coordinate with M&E SNFI Monitoring System data collection and reporting is carried out systematically, properly and timely with quality information Reporting
- Design develop Reporting System to report regularly on SNFi activity for all SNFI partners while maintaining accurate records of all relevant SNFI performance indicators.
- Enforce country regulations and laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by line manager.
- University degree in civil/ architecture engineering or other relevant technical background.
- Good understanding of management challenges presented in the SNFI sector and the dynamics of humanitarian issues within the global community.
- More than Two years of relevant experience, including at least One year in SNFI management.
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM);
- Good experience with GMS, Proposals development, submissions, follow up, budgeting, financials, revisions and execution.
- AutoCAD skills
Job Requirements Related to the Syrian Conflict:
- In depth knowledge of the Syrian conflict, Syrian NGOs and stakeholders.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian context;
- Technical SNFI Response expertise;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Flaunt in Arabic and English languages, Turkish language is definite plus.
- Valid Turkish residency permits and ability to travel in the region.
- Microsoft office 365 Excel data bases
- Project Management / familiar with Project Management Software
- Budgeting and Accounting Skills
- Social media
- Proficiency in the following computer programs: Auto cad (or another Cad software).
Maram Foundation is a Nonprofit Organization and an Equal opportunity Employer. All applicants and employees at Maram Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunities and fair treatment without regard to Race, Color, ethnicity, age, sex, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status
How to Apply
- The Interested candidate is kindly requested to send CV using this link
before 10 Aug 2020 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted