|Position Title: Psychologist|
|Duty Station: Turkey – Gaziantep|
|Duration: 12 Months|
|Position Category: Full-time|
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World)
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World) a non-governmental, non-profit organization, which has a multinational and multicultural structure, is dedicated to providing child protection services and advocating for child rights.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is looking forward to a one world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
From 2014 to 2018, Bir Dünya Çocuk could reach more than half million boy, girl, man and woman with a specialized Child Protection and Education services, while we are still proving a prominent intervention to contribute prevention, mitigate suffering, empower children participation and advocate for best interests of child.
In addition, Bir Dünya Çocuk Turkey is also focusing on social cohesion and social interaction between refugee and host community NGOs.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is a member of The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Child Rights Connect, End Violence Against Children and in a special consultative status with UN Economic and Social Council.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is proud that 60% of its employees are female.
About the role:
This is a 12 month Psychologist position based in Gaziantep in Bir Dünya Çocuk Children Center that mainly providing structured psycho-social support (PSS) services to children. You will report to Center Supervisor and work closely with a team of 8 PSS facilitators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supporting PSS Facilitators for overall quality of the service provision as well as daily support regarding to PSS facilitation.
- Performing basic psycho-social support (PSS) consultations to beneficiaries to address underlying distress.
- Evaluating and supporting PSS activity beneficiaries, assessing the children for any need of specialized services and refer if needed.
- Assisting in the pre and post evaluation tests of the psychosocial intervention.
- Submitting monthly reports to Supervisor and report any problems in a timely manner.
- Performing internal & external reporting tasks.
- Planning, coordinating and developing components of the programs.
- Communicating and coordinating programs with Center Supervisor and Project Coordinator.
- Perform any additional duties as requested by the Supervisor.
- Acting as a focal point for referrals to and from center.
- Attending various meetings, workshops, and conferences and follows up all educational meetings to maintain professional development growth.
- Coordinate and schedule center volunteers and conduct basic and introductory trainings.
- Seeking community input on the type and timing of activities to be held at the center.
- Ensuring that center provides and consistently maintain a safe environment for project participants and beneficiaries. Maintaining good relations with beneficiaries, the parents, staff and volunteers.
- Contribute and suggest all protection and education project proposals relevant to center’s function.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- University degree in psychology, social work or a relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the protection /education field, preferably worked with nongovernmental organizations.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Turkish required.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender practice
- Willingness to contribute to expansion of a dedicated, multicultural organization
- Arabic is a highly appreciated advantage.
- Knowledge of Child Safeguarding principles and/or CPMS
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multicultural team and culturally sensitive
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience
- Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email to [email protected] , no later than 25 August 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Please mention the Vacancy Number (TR-019-18) for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
- Please follow the instruction carefully. Bir Dünya Çocuk might not consider incomplete information. Please be informed that interviews will be started before the deadline.