|Position Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR|
|Duty Station: Turkey – Gaziantep|
|Duration: 12 Months|
|Position Category: Full-time|
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World)
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World) a non-governmental, non-profit organization, which has a multinational and multicultural structure, is dedicated to providing child protection services and advocating for child rights.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is looking forward to a one world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
From 2014 to 2018, Bir Dünya Çocuk could reach more than half million boy, girl, man and woman with a specialized Child Protection and Education services, while we are still proving a prominent intervention to contribute prevention, mitigate suffering, empower children participation and advocate for best interests of child.
In addition, Bir Dünya Çocuk Turkey is also focusing on social cohesion and social interaction between refugee and host community NGOs.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is a member of The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Child Rights Connect, End Violence Against Children and in a special consultative status with UN Economic and Social Council.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is proud that 60% of its employees are female.
About the role:
This is a 12 month Project management position based in Gaziantep. The Project aims to enhance the psycho-social wellbeing of refugee and host community children through a structured PSS program with a caregiver support component.
You will report to Country Director and manage the project team. You will work closely with the Protection Programme Manager. You will communicate with Government counterparts, donors, UN agencies, NGOs and Sectoral Working Groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Developing and implementing for project management plan, in coordination with line manager and other respective departments, and according to agreed proposal scope, logical framework and timeline.
- Developing, monitoring and updating a relevant Risk Analysis plan dedicated to the project.
- Engaging with competent departments/personnel to accomplish tasks and requirements pertaining directly to project (MEAL, HR, Logistic & Procurement, A&F, R&D and others)
- Conducting and maintaining comprehensive and full project documentation and archiving.
- Participating actively as projects team member to improve department efficiency, reduce costs and assist in improvement of services and projects.
- Supervising and stimulating procurement activities as required ensuring on time delivery of components and equipment.
- Preparing, developing and submitting all reports pertaining to the project.
- Feeding other relevant reports, information systems with data/information related to the project
- Developing project closure plan considering ethical and do no harm principles
- Managing project staff relationships, roles, responsibilities.
- Developing a clear and direct presentation on project’s definition of project scope, objectives, duration, beneficiaries, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating with MEAL to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Contribute to project strategies and to programme development in protection sector.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct and associated policies to project team.
Coordination and Representation
- Developing, maintaining and improving any coordination relationships vital to project success, and to ensure inclusive, sustained, quality impact.
- Represent organization and project with project partners, partner meetings and donor.
- Represent project with respective Turkish authorities including PDoFLSS.
- Coordinate project activities with other project coordinators.
- Oversee internal and external referral mechanism.
- Represent and share relevant information on sectoral working groups.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in education, psychology, sociology or) in related subject area
- 3 years of experience working within the protection or education sector for a humanitarian organization.
- Turkish is essential and proficiency in English is required
- Experience in project management is a must.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability and willingness to travel for representation of the project to the partner meetings
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender practice
- Willingness to contribute to expansion of a dedicated, multicultural organization
- Possess leadership skills.
- Good knowledge about legislation and permits.
- Basic or advance Arabic skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multicultural team and culturally sensitive
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email to [email protected], no later than 25 August 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- Please mention the Vacancy Number (TR-019-16) for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
- Please follow the instruction carefully. Bir Dünya Çocuk might not consider incomplete information.
- Please be informed that the interviews will start before the deadline.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.