Position: Operations Manager (National Staff Only)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: Country Director, Turkey
Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Relief International (RI) specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
· Ensure that Relief International (RI) Turkey Procurement follows policies and procedures that are in compliance with the Relief International Procurement Manual and funding source policies,
· Participate in establishing Standard Operating Procedures and other requirements.
· Understand and implement donor requirements related to procurement, logistic and IT.
· Ensure that Relief International (RI) Turkey procurement and related policies and procedures are up-to-date and disseminated in a timely manner and that all appropriate staff are trained and competent.
· Update and contextualize the Relief International (RI) Turkey standards for assets/equipment to be purchased, as required.
· Oversee the stock management of Prosthetic and Orthotics material as well as mobility devices, and ensure that minimum standards are enforced in the management; inventory and transportation.
· Monitor appropriate sections of the budget(s). Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to Country Director (CD), Deputy CD (DCD) and other key staff as agreed
· Review monthly Operations’ reports and give feed-back to all operations staff, Department Managers and other key staff as needed.
· Finalizing of Procurement Plans for all grants.
· Participate in mobilization for all new projects and project extensions.
· Ensure donor reports for assets are timely completed and submitted to the Finance/Program and other departments as appropriate.
-Ensure asset log is routinely updated and conduct physical verification checks of assets, stock, and inventory across RI offices and partner locations.
· Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed.
· Conduct timely rollout of appropriate Relief International (RI) global initiatives and updates.
· Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with local government regulations
· Ensure that Relief International (RI) Turkey partners’ procurement and logistical matters are in compliance with donor policies and procedures.
· Review partners’ procurement documents periodically and provide feedback to Country Director (CD) and Deputy Country Director (DCD).
Capacity building and Partnership:
· Proactively develop the skills of Relief International (RI) staff and partners to understand and utilize appropriate tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
· Work with field staff to identify operational needs and ensure that issues are raised with Country Director (CD) and Deputy Country Director (DCD), Department leads and other staff, as needed, to ensure they are included in new budget development.
· Design and implement capacity-building program to RI staff and Partners and contribute to the partners due diligence and organizational capacity assessment. Implement tailored capacity building program
· Assist Operations team in working with program staff and partners towards establishing procurement plans.
· Travel, depending on security situation, to provide technical support to field offices and sub-offices.
· Conduct Relief International (RI) Turkey operational workshops regularly/depending on the program needs.
· Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
· Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled;
· Support the recruitment of all operational staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
· Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations and ensure staff is held accountable in accordance with the RI Turkey HR policies.
· Responsible for the successful rollout and maintenance of various tracking logs for Relief International (RI) Turkey.
· Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
· Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
· Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
· Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
· Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed of according to Relief International (RI) and/or donor regulations.
· Participate in Logistics Cluster meetings and other coordination as appropriate.
· Active participation in Partners’ Organization Capacity Assessment, and provide effective feedback on all logistics and procurement matters.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field.
· Experience working with at least two of the following donors: USAID, BPRM, ECHO, DFID and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
· At least 4 years’ experience managing a large multi-site operations, preferably within an NGO setting.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
· Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
· Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative.
· Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
· Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
· Fluency in Turkish and English, both written and spoken. Arabic is an advantage.
· Willingness to travel to remote field sites to provide technical support.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to Apply:
- In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to [email protected] before June 26, 2019, stating in the subject “Operations Manager“. All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey.
- Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications.
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify in your e-mail
that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.