|Position Title: Center Supervisor|
|Duty Station: Turkey – Gaziantep|
|Duration: 12 Months|
|Position Category: Full-time|
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World)
Bir Dünya Çocuk (Children of One World) a non-governmental, non-profit organization, which has a multinational and multicultural structure, is dedicated to providing child protection services and advocating for child rights.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is looking forward to a one world where all children attain their rights and dignity based on their best of interest.
From 2014 to 2018, Bir Dünya Çocuk could reach more than half million boy, girl, man and woman with a specialized Child Protection and Education services, while we are still proving a prominent intervention to contribute prevention, mitigate suffering, empower children participation and advocate for best interests of child.
In addition, Bir Dünya Çocuk Turkey is also focusing on social cohesion and social interaction between refugee and host community NGOs.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is a member of The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Child Rights Connect, End Violence Against Children and in a special consultative status with UN Economic and Social Council.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is proud that 60% of its employees are female.
About the role:
This is a 12 month Center Supervisor position based in Gaziantep. You will report to Project Coordinator and manage the center team of 8 PSS facilitators, 1 psychologist, and 2 cleaners.
You will communicate with project partners, government counterparts, donors, NGOs and Sectoral Working Groups as well as beneficiaries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Managing Children Center with direct supervision from Project Coordinator.
- Overall coordination of all center activities, and ensuring proper and consistent implementation of the project activities such as but not limited to: Structured phyco-social support for refugee and host community children, caregiver engagement activities, and community engagement activities.
- Coordination and programming of all center staff duties and responsibilities.
- Overseeing, reporting and solving maintenance problems in the center.
- In coordination with the M&E team ensure smooth and effective registration processes for beneficiaries, with relevant data collection (pre-post tests etc.).
- Play a central role in building a strong communication network and ensure updated communication with all local agencies, and INGOS, local NGOS in concern.
- Coordinate activities with local government authorities and institutions. Establish and maintain good relations with key government stakeholders.
- Liaison and coordinate with donors.
- Attending various meetings, workshops, and conferences and follows up all educational meetings to maintain professional development growth.
- Assist project coordinator for internal & external reporting tasks.
- Seek community input on the type and timing of activities to be held at the center.
- Ensure that center provides and consistently maintain a safe environment for project participants and beneficiaries. Maintain good relations with beneficiaries, the parents, staff and volunteers.
- Contribute and suggest all protection and education project proposals relevant to center’s function.
- Play a key role for referrals from an to center.
- Perform any other tasks under the guidance of the direct supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in education, psychology, sociology or) in related subject area
- 2 years of experience in protection or education or relevant field, preferably with NGOs.
- Turkish is essential and proficiency in English is required
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender practice
- Willingness to contribute to expansion of a dedicated, multicultural organization
- Basic or advanced Arabic skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multicultural team and culturally sensitive
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest and qualifications for the position by email to [email protected] , no later than 25 August 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview.
- Please mention the Vacancy Number (TR-019-17) for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
- Please follow the instruction carefully. Bir Dünya Çocuk might not consider incomplete information.
- Please be informed that interviews will be started before the deadline.
Bir Dünya Çocuk is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.