|Project: „Technical Assistance for Improving Job and Vocational Counselling Services” is a three-year project focusing on an enhanced capacity building, incorporating new research studies, establishing cooperation and coordination mechanism and improved awareness. The overall goal of the project is to support the Turkish Public Employment Service (İŞKUR) in improving policy-making capacity of İŞKUR and to contribute to the quality, efficiency, coordination and diversity of public and private employment services. More specifically it will increase the institutional capacity of the beneficiary and to improve capacity of the public employment services.
The purpose of the project is to enhance capacity of İŞKUR to deliver job and vocational counselling (JVC) services more efficiently and to reach more jobseekers and employers through improving JVC services.
The project is funded by the European Union and implemented by DAI until October 2023.
The “Senior Non-Key Expert – Communication” is expected to improve the İŞKUR Communication Strategy and its Action Plans. The Communication Strategy aims guiding İŞKUR in its service delivery and awareness of the public. SNKE will support the Team Leader in the implementation of the activities and will be assisted by the Junior Non-Key Expert. The SNKE will review the proposed activities in the Communication Strategy and draft the communication campaigns in collaboration with the relevant staff of İŞKUR.
• Analysis, revision and improvement of the current Communication Strategy and Action Plans; design of the communication campaigns
• Working in close cooperation with relevant departments, particularly Press, Publication and Publicity Unit of İŞKUR
• Preparation of a work plan and outline/concept note of the Communication Strategy that will be improved
• Delivery of an online information day (workshop) about revised Strategy for İŞKUR staff who are in charge of communication issues in 81 provincial directorates (this event may be delivered in groups of a certain number that will be determined)
Outputs and Expected Deliverables:
• Work plan, concept note and indicative outline
• Revised Communication Strategy and its Action Plan and designs for communication campaigns
• Digital and printed Communication Strategy and Action Plan Document
• Delivered information day (workshop) and workshop report
A well-structured and improved framework of communication planning for informing the public and disseminating knowledge about İŞKUR’s services to target groups.
• PhD degree in advertising, public relations or communication
• Good command of written and spoken English and Turkish
• Experience in at least one EU Project as SNK communication expert
• Full computer literacy
General Professional Experience:
• At least 10 years of work experience related to communication, as a visibility/communication officer in the private or public sector
• Strong organizational skills
• Specific experiences in communication strategy development
• Specific experiences among others: development of various awareness raising campaigns, marketing, public relations, networking, capacity building, media relations, media planning
• Proven creative approach to communications or the development of communication strategies
• Ability to conceptualize and develop visual media products
• Experience in the social media usage and diversified communication channels
Input of SNKE: Up to 13 days, extension possible
Number of experts to be appointed: One
Base of Operation:
Ankara (project office or home based)
Location of the Assignment:
Ankara (Project Office of Technical Assistance Team (TAT), Project Desk in İŞKUR General Directorate)
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.