SCI employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
The purpose of the Supply Chain Officer is to ensure the performance of the procurement, asset and fleet functions are managed efficiently and transparently in order to support the programme activities for Turkey Country Program
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Procurement Coordinator
Budget responsibility: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To follow Save the Children standard procurement practices and keeping records to fulfil audit trail standard.
- To ensure RFIs and RFQs are prepared with accurate information that can lead to accountable and fair competition among suppliers.
- Review newly submitted Purchase Requests (PRs) to ensure information provided are correct and expected date of delivery is achievable considering all workloads. Provide feedback to requesters on how to prepare PRs in correct ways or if some revisions in the PR is required.
- Communicate with requesters in case there are challenges in execution of their PRs to ensure potential delay communicated in advance and that the requesters are aware about the risks.
- Keep track all deadlines or closing date of quotation submissions and facilitate Competitive Bid Analysis (CBA) and/or procurement committee meetings with prior notification delivered to committee members.
- Ensure CBAs and meeting minutes are written accurately and contain important information on how analysis of quotations carried out and what reasons for selection of supplier and ensure the documents are approved.
- Keep track on deadline of delivery stipulated in each Contract/PO and that necessary reminder sent out to suppliers if the deadline is approaching and execute the purchase and delivery of appropriate supplies in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Keep track on payment process and communicate as necessary with suppliers regarding payment progress.
- Ensure necessary authorization / approvals are always obtained on all documents
- Ensure all documents are stored in the database accurately and in timely manner
- Update procurement tracker on daily basis.
- Participate in the development of price list, supplier database, prequalified vendor list, and market survey activities.
- Take cover tasks from other colleagues in the department in his or her absence
- Taking additional responsibilities or other tasks as assigned by line manager
- Keep track of the log sheets on a daily basis
- Check the vehicle condition and maintenance on a daily basis to make sure it is compliant with safety and security guidelines
- Monitor and follow up on the insurance documents of the vehicles on a monthly basis.
- To make sure drivers receive the updated driver’s manual and are aware of the guidelines. Provide refresher trainings to drivers when needed.
- Responsible to manage the disposition of the Assets in the office
- To make sure all relevant procedures are pursued when handing over assets to staff and to make sure all other assets in the office are stored well and properly in a safe place
- Receiving new purchased assets and registering them to the asset register
- Updating the asset register on a regular basis
- To receive approvals from relevant departments to dispose or donate assets when needed
- To prepare and file asset disposal and donation certificates
- Make sure staff have filled in lost/stolen/broken asset forms when needed
- Guiding staff on lost/broken/stolen assets which were in their possession. Contacting suppliers and having assets repaired/exchanged when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum two years of experience in Supply Chain and procurement.
- Good attention to details.
- Strong organization and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in Turkish and English – written and verbal.
- Ability to analyze and interpret competitive bids and quotes, technical procedures, governmental documents and regulations.
- Good communication and influencing skills. Ability to effectively communicate with multi-level personnel as well as vendors and their representatives.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and strong ability to take initiative.
- Able to work in tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent team player.
- Understanding and commitment to Save the Children aims, values and principles.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Private Medical insurance
- Life and Critical Illness insurance
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- *Kindly ensure that you apply in English with your up to date CV and a cover letter by explaining your salary expectation to [email protected] .
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
**This position’s interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
**Please note that applications later than mentioned deadline will not be considered.