SCI currently has nutrition interventions in North East Syria. Under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Program Development and Quality, the Nutrition Technical Advisor will ensure all SCI Syria Nutrition programming, currently focused on Infant and Young Child Feeding(IYCF), is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to national and global learning, advocacy and programme development. The post holder is expected to provide technical advice and support to project staff to ensure Syria programming objectives are successfully achieved. The post-holder shall also contribute to the development and review of the Syria strategic direction and actively lead in the development of nutrition/IYCF program policy and design.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* At least 5 years experience of working internationally in nutrition/IYCF programmes in a humanitarian context
* Previous experience of providing technical support to Nutrition teams in the areas of IYCF-E, CMAM, and Micronutrients.
* Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on IYCF-E
* Experience of senior level representation
* Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessments, project reports, and proposals
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of international terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (on the application form and cover letter) how you heard about this job posting(vacanciesinturkey.com).
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.