Job Title: Program Assistant
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Job Status: full time
Reports to: Country Director
Start date: June 15, 2021
MedGlobal Turkey is a local,non-profit and health humanitarian organization that builds resilience in fragile states and vulnerable communities through emergency response, health services delivery, and sustainable programming. MedGlobal’s vision is to create a world without healthcare disparity.
Program Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance to the Turkey team and Syria Program Staff, performs a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of the Program, and assists with information management the team. S/he acts as the main contact person during the absence of team members, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate in-house staff, and sharing workload with Program Assistants from other teams in Turkey and Syria.
Programme Management Support
- Work closely with Turkey country Director and Syria Program team to prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of the project.
- Maintain and regularly updates Turkey team members travel plans and review the budget line amounts with the finance team to provide an accurate overview of the Program’s travel budget
- Work closely with the Operation Manager and Syria Program Manager to provide updated reports to the team and Directors.
- Coordinate and Communicate with travel agency in Turkey or/and Syria team to obtain tickets, hotels and transportation as needed
- Provide assistance to MedGlobal US team members when visiting Turkey or Syria.
- Enure all the reports , travel requests,, program procurement plan are submitted to the logistics and finance dept. as per MedGlobal policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Maintain registration process and act as contact person between logistics ,Syria team and Medglobal US office.
- Maintain and organize up-to-date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval.
- Manage sub-partners contracts, program cash advances, expense reports, contract tracking sheets, etc.
Administrative Support to the program team
- Manage and schedule team meetings between Syria, Turkey and MedGlobal US
- Provide logistical and administrative support to MG Syria team as needed.
- Maintain confidential records and meetings for the Country Director.
- Develop and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Serves as an administrator of work product with other programs/departments, i.e. finance, program development, public information, etc.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the Turkey and Syria team.
- Maintain and update team’s databases and mailing lists.
- Coordinate the translation, proofreading and editing of documents as required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A high school diploma or equivalent or A degree in business management would be advantageous.
- At least 3 years Prior experience in program administration or assistance in NGOs or/and INGOs work
- Proficiency with various personal computer software applications (Google Documents).
- Professional telephone and email etiquette
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships with team members, Local partners, demonstrating understanding of donors and partner’s perspective; anticipates Syria team needs and addresses them promptly.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Turkish( speaking and writing) is preferred
How to Apply
- To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: “Turkey, Program Assistant”
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Thank you for your interest in working with MedGlobal!