Position: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Base Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting To: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Line Management Responsibilities: N/A
Contract Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Application Closing Date: 20 January 2021
Under the supervision of Procurement and Logistics Officer, and in accordance with Qatar Charity financial rules and regulations and procurement manual, the Procurement & Logistics Assistant is responsible to ensure timely, cost effective and safe delivery of goods and services to projects and to assist in the implementation of well-coordinated procurement and logistics activities.
She/he will be responsible to perform the following duties:
- Prepare all necessary documentation for procurement of goods and services in accordance with QC rules and regulations and processes and/or any other documentation as required
- Monitor progress of delivery of items undersigned contracts and prepare documentation for authorization of payments to suppliers
- Follow up with suppliers and freight forwarders/transporters to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services and take up logistics coordination responsibilities as and when required
- Keep updated relevant products/services, quality, prices and transportation arrangements and cross boarder movement of goods in line with the latest legal procedures of the relevant authorities of the Government of Turkey
- Making market research and develop, maintain and update a database / record of suppliers and vendors and transporters.
- Supporting procurement processes including requesting bids, preparing bids analyses, purchase orders. receiving reports and requests for payments in connection with procurement policy and procedures
- Inspecting the goods in suppliers’ warehouses before it is delivered to the destination.
- Identify vendors and participate in evaluation of them against performance, reliability. quality, price, delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests.
- Updating procurement tracker.
- Keeping asset and inventory records and updating periodically.
- Any other duties as assigned by the head of procurement and logistics department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/commerce, logistics or any other relevant fields combined with a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of accepted Procurement practices and principles
- Excellent command of the English and Turkish language, verbal and oral.
- Excellent Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- QC employees are expected to work in accordance with the Organization’s core values, aims and objectives. They should be sympathetic to the cultural norms of behavior QC believes in.
- High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies
- Experience in NGO sector
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to negotiate
- Knowledge of Arabic Language is high asset.
- Flexibility to travel and work in remote provinces if it is needed
- Having a commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Flexibility about working hours.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Experience with asset management is a strong plus.
How To Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs, and motivation letter and 3 references to: [email protected] by COB January 20,2021, mentioning the position they applied for in the email subject.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail& motivation letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this position.
Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. QC will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.