Private Sector Partnership Coordinator – Istanbul or Amman
|Position:||Private Sector Partnership Coordinator|
|Location:||Istanbul – Turkey, Amman – Jordan|
|Application Deadline:||02 August 2020|
|Duration:||1 year with possible extension|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
SPARK works with the private sector to create job opportunities for local youth amongst host communities & refugees in Turkey, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon. This dynamic programme was designed in partnership with local companies, chambers of commerce, NGOs and governments to create employment for youth and is financed by several donors.
The Private Sector Partnership Coordinatorwill create new partnerships with larger SMEs and multinational companies operating in the countries the programme is active. He/she will inspire business leaders to engage with the programme and mobilize their support, whilst insuring the programme is useful to them as well. The Coordinator has a demonstrated existing relevant corporate network that can be mobilised towards the programme.
The Private Sector Partnership Coordinator has extensive experience in the private sector, preferable within CSR and social engagement activities of a larger corporate and demonstrated ability in galvanize private sector engagement for social objectives, preferably with a “Shared Values” framework.
He/ she has a strong hands on & can do mentality and can be found mostly outside of the office working with corporate partners. He/she enjoys working from time to time under pressure, can deliver results under pressure and blends in with our corporate partners.
As a new member of our dynamic team, you will be responsible to deliver new partnerships with corporate partners to the programme. S/he is expected initially travel between the target countries with the other countries following suit later in the year.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Identifynew private sector partners for the programme, in the spirit of the ‘shared values’ principle;
- Negotiate and design engagement agreements with corporate partners to facilitate job creation;
- Work with the programme team to ensure programme activities of the programme are relevant and add value to these corporate partners;
- Negotiate sourcing deals for SMEs supported by the programme and the larger corporate partners the Coordinator brings on board;
- Provide technical input and feedback on progress reports and impact evaluation reports as well as project proposals,
- Have a thorough outlook of the economic outlook in target countries that help to better implementation modality.
- Other tasks as required.
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in private sector development, preferably with the ‘shared value’ approach with a larger firm;
- Ability to build consensus amongst wide range of views and complex personal and inter-organisational dynamics,
- Prior experience in access to finance solutions including Banking and guarantee schemes to MSMEs is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills,
- Fluency in written and spoken English (Turkish and/or Arabic highly desirable),
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment in one of the fastest growing SME development initiatives in the region;
- Remuneration based on experience, SPARK salary grid and the country Jordan (from 1.800 – 2.200 JOD gross) or Turkey (1.800 – 2.500 EUR net).
- Full-time contract 40h/per week;
- Training opportunities.
How to apply?
- If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/ until August 2nd 2020.Please, with application send to us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process and the location that you are applying for.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your motivation letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting
For questions about SPARK or this positon you can reach Tamara Ljubic at [email protected] . Applications that are received via email will not be considered.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can, therefore, take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.