The Operations Director oversees daily operations, procurement, logistics, and administrative management in support of programming, and ensures compliance with donor regulations and Global Communities’ policies. The Operations Director supports operational requirements of Turkey programming as well as cross border operations into Syria from Turkey and Iraq.
• Oversee procurement processes, including the oversight and effective management of drafting and/or reviewing RFPs and RFQs, conducting bid analyses and evaluations, drafting procurement contracts, and reviewing contract deliverables.
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate and complete files of procurement documentation.
• Review all procurement processes and actions for compliance with donor rules and regulations, as well as Global Communities’ policies.
• Ensure all procurements are well planned, tracked and fairly priced.
• Maintain and conduct regular review of the Procurement SOP ensuring its compliance with the FFAM (Field Finance and Admin Manual), donor rules and regulations and local laws/ norms in Turkey, Syria and Iraq
• Oversee logistics processes to procure, store and distribute stock, supplies and services for the timely delivery of project objectives.
• Manage the tracking of all supplies, equipment, and materiel in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution.
• Manage and share pipeline and supply chain information, ensuring that program staff are well informed and well prepared for incoming goods and materiel. Ensure timely reporting on stock status to help program staff with planning of stock replenishment. Oversee all matters and logistics relating to vehicle and motorcycle transport and fuel management, to ensure all vehicles are insured, managed correctly, being driven safely,
maintained appropriately, damages are reported, and ensure that vehicle equipment (tools, communications, etc.) are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly managed, logged and recorded.
• Support and strengthen country office procedures and policies as necessary for the effective management of the emergency supply chain, vehicle fleets, communication systems, and the logistics components of the emergency response program.
• In collaboration with program teams, coordinate all field-based logistics in support of active programming, including supply chains, and vehicle movements.
• Management of Gaziantep office, IT, liaison and maintenance staff.
• Ensure close follow up and information sharing on host country legal issues and the regulatory environment.
• Oversee asset management, tracking and reporting.
• Follow up and maintain guidance regarding processes of registration, visa, residency and work permits for GC staff.
• Ensure appropriate and relevant liaisons with Government of Turkey authorities pertaining to project implementation and the regulatory environment
• Ensure governing policies and best practices in Operations are followed and adhered to and that the Operations department coordinates well internally and with all other GC departments
• Contribute to work plans and other deliverables as required.
• Provide training and mentoring to local staff and local partner organizations on operations, administration, logistics, and procurement.
• Keep relevant management and staff updated on all cross border points access issues/ information etc. and ensure strong relationships with all relevant actors, including border authorities.
• Directly supervise a team of approximately 30 local national staff and provide technical oversight/ support to GC operations teams based in Syria and Iraq.
• Manage and support the Security Management team ensuring that reports/ analysis are relevant, timely and submitted regularly and on an ad hoc basis as required.
• Keep abreast of the security situation in all areas of operation.
• All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated understanding of and adherence to humanitarian principles
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, coordination skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, team management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Fluency in English, working knowledge of Arabic/or Turkish highly desirable
• Experience managing expatriate and local staff in conflict zones
• Experience working with local national staff and building local capacity.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• A minimum of 8 years of international humanitarian experience, including at least 4 years specifically focused on operations, procurement and logistics.
• Proficient in USAID rules and regulations; prior experience working on USAID (including OFDA, FFP) funded programs preferred and other donors such as UN, ECHO, etc.
• Experience with remote management preferred.
• Prior experience in the MENA region preferred but not essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/nonprofitjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting