The Syrian NGO Alliance (SNA) is a network of Syrian NGOs responding to the Syria crisis from neighboring Turkey. SNA members are non-political, non-denominational, and non-governmental organizations, established to provide humanitarian aid to Syria.
2. Scope of Work:
The objective of this consultancy is to develop a strategic plan for advocacy, to enhance the capacity of SNA member organizations, Senior managers and representatives.
SNA has a requirement for a consultant (an individual or company) to:
a. Conduct a training session defining advocacy methods and best practices, training on the development of an effective positioning strategy, aiming towards behavior change and positive attitude resulting in improved advocacy skill set.
b. Consultation workshop for SNA participating organizations and engage in a focal group discussion on advocacy objectives and outcomes.
c. Working closely with SNA Representatives to develop the Alliance’s advocacy strategy and effective messaging.
SNA is soliciting an advocacy and policy specialist or a company for the above requirement. The required competencies are:
a. Should be familiar with the regional context and humanitarian crisis
b. Must have previous experience (3- 5 years) in training and developing advocacy strategies for local NGOs,
c. Experience working in Syria crisis would be a distinct advantage.
Approximately 25 senior managers and representatives of SNA member organizations.
5. Illustrative Topics:
This training should at a minimum include the following topics:
● Understanding of advocacy strategies, and how they can be leveraged in humanitarian settings
● Identifying issues relevant to humanitarian access and principles
● Familiarity with the different types of organizational advocacy
● Identify problems and finding solutions
● Using social media to mobilize community for advocacy
● Setting SNA advocacy objectives
● Align SNA advocacy goals
● Workplace and resources analysis
● Stakeholder mapping
● Cultural & ethical sensitivities
● Market positioning strategies
● Strategic Advocacy planning
6. Training & workshop Language:
Dual. Arabic and English.
● 7 days (3 days level one training session for senior management, 2 days advanced level training session for technical focal points (media and advocacy team) and 2 days’ workshop)
● 10 days to develop the final strategy (home based)
● Expected start date April 8, 2019
8. Place of Performance:
9. Logistical Arrangements
- SNA will be responsible for providing the venue, refreshments and printing documents.
- The consultant will be responsible for his own transportation, accommodation and other costs.
- Please send a CV and/or company profile, along with trainer profiles along with a cover letter indicating experience, approach and cost to [email protected] Please also attach samples and/or web-links of previous strategies, curricula developed /trainings delivered.
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify that you saw it on vacanciesinturkey.com
Big Heart intends to issue a Firm Fixed Price contract under this activity.
Big Heart anticipates a Local Procurement for this activity and will be preferred. International Consultants and Companies are eligible to apply but will be evaluated on the same criteria. This procurement is based on best value (best quality in least cost).
Big Heart is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified Women, Minorities and Disadvantaged individuals are encouraged to apply.
Release Date: March 6, 2019
Deadline for submission: March 16, 2019, 16:00 Hours – Turkey Time.
Queries/requests for clarification can be emailed to [email protected] by March 12, 2019.