Stichting Mayday Rescue Foundation is an international not for profit organisation. Mayday seeks to protect civilians against the effects of war and natural disaster by enabling them to protect themselves. We work where we are most needed: we seek to support the communities that are the most vulnerable and the most exposed to threats from conflict or natural disaster. We build solutions to the problem at hand. Our customers are the civilians we protect. Our method is the capability we build from amongst them. The training and equipment of civilian protection/community resilience capabilities is a means to an end. We measure our performance by how good our teams’ civilian protection service is, as judged by the civilians they, and we serve. Mayday is headquartered in the Netherlands and operates regional office in Turkey. Our multinational team of more than 30 specialists has extensive experience of delivering complex programmes. Mayday Rescue Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Further information about Mayday can be found at www.maydayrescue.org
Tasks and Activities
Scope of Work
The Budget Coordinator is link between the Finance Department and the Project team for donor financial requirements as per grant contracts and agreements.
Tasks and Activities
· Responsible for building and maintaining donor-specific and project whole BVAs up to date on a timely basis, including spend forecasts as requested by donors
· Working closely with the Project Managers in relation to spend status, planning and issues
· Liaising with the Project Team to ensure all expenses are accurate and received on a timely basis
· Realigning and adjusting project budgets as required
· Responsible for correct allocation of project expenses
· Issuing donor financial reports, invoices and requests for finds in line with donor contract requirements
· Maintaining donor invoice trackers
· Responsible for project archiving files as per donor budgets
· Responding to donor inquiries and requests efficiently as they rise
· Assisting in building budgets for new proposals
· Acting as the delegated finance representative between Finance and Operations to ensure timely reporting and project financial closeouts Other related tasks as requested by line manager
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or associated subject
5 years or more of responsibility for financial management. Developed understanding of donor grant policies and procedures and the stabilization, development environment.
Skills and abilities
Arabic speaker – essential. English oral and written – essential.
Effective English and Arabic communicator.
Proactive, problem solving attitude. Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate effective work under time and delivery pressure.
- Mayday Rescue is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities within its workforce, regardless of race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religious and political believes, or sexual orientation. Mayday Rescue encourages qualified female and male candidates, to apply to become a part of our team. If you find yourself a good match for this position, and if you are interested in joining a highly dynamic team and having a direct positive impact on Mayday’s programmes, please submit your CV and cover letter on our career portal by clicking below link. https://goo.gl/Vixei8
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in cover letter where you saw this job posting.