Position: Protection Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Start Date: ASAP
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is providing humanitarian support to vulnerable households in Syria, and seeks a Protection Officer to support implementation of activities and operations inside of women and girls safe space in Syria. Activities include center-based activities for women and girls only as well as outreach and prevention activities with the target community. The Protection Officer reports to the Senior Protection Coordinator who will provide overall technical support and management supervision. Protection Officer is responsible for providing daily Protection technical support to program planning and implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities and delivery of trainings on Protection for staff. The Protection Officer will directly manage assigned protection staff working inside Syria.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Protection staff and oversee the Protection and GBV teams in NW Syria.
- Work with the GBV coordinator and Turkey based team to ensure that program activities are technically sound and implemented in a timely, safe, and efficient manner, in coordination with the approved program work plan.
- Conduct regular meetings with Protection field team in order to provide monitoring and support to ensure minimum standards and capacity-building.
- Develop new or adapted activities, awareness raising materials, training curriculums, FGDs, safety audit questionnaire and M&E tools with the Protection Coordinator.
- Work on drafting reports of conducted assessments, safety audits in the camps and development of new activities as well as analyze the trends.
- Provide capacity building related to protection and GBV core principles, best practices, etc. through training, workshop, and mentoring for staff and external actors
- Provide technical support and guidance to field staff regarding case management and dealing with severe and difficult cases
- Ensure GBV cases data is managed, shared, and used in a confidential, safe, and effective manner, including through the GBV IMS, the referral pathways with other sectors/services, and updating service mapping on monthly basis.
- Prepare and maintain /update detailed work plan(s) that support and achieve activities.
- Provide direct support to protection/GBV Outreach team in developing and implementing activity plans that respond to case trends and identified needs.
- Oversee regular engagement activities with women, girls, men and boys to assure access to services.
- Identify concerns related to protection and support adherence to protection/ GBV referral protocols by all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and draft weekly, monthly and three-month work plans in a timely manner, and incorporate supervisor feedback as requested.
- Compile monthly activity report for submission to the protection Coordinator/ Senior Officer.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with GC operational policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop GC programs.
- Provide support to the team in terms of:
- Updating program (centers) activities plans.
- Updating spending \ projection plans.
- Submission of weekly movement plans
- submission of PRs, and following up with supplies
- Coordinate with GC protection partners as needed.
- Immediately identify and report any problems or challenges to program implementation; seek to resolve problems at the local level while keeping management informed.
- Draft reports as required by the donor, capturing activities’ progress, lessons learned, the general situation, community needs and reconcile against activities planned and quality standards
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in protection and GBV programming.
- Experience in GBV/ CP Case Management.
- Minimum one-year of experience in staff management
- Training skills is required.
- Remotely management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- Support to identify the capacity and coverage of organizations.
- Support to identify the gaps and challenges.
- Support to raise complex challenges and gaps and share it with direct supervisor.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Integrity, transparency, and strong work ethics.
- Experience with I/NGOs and/or UN will be preferred
- Fluent in Arabic (written and spoken) and English is required.
- Experience with needs and risk assessments.
- Commitment, patience, and resilience.
- Able to cope with traumatic situations.
- Experience working with children and women.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Good communication skills and problem solving.
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Turkey as local employees.
- To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] no later than 22 November, 2019. Please, make sure to put the Job Title and Vacancy Number in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where you saw this job posting.