Duration: as soon as possible – 31.10.2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see www.giz.de/turkey).
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit International Services (GIZ InS) has started implementing an EU funded project titled Technical Assistance for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Support for the Municipalities and Universities which has started on 16th April 2019 with a duration of 30 months. In addition to this project, GIZ InS is following various tenders in the fields of renewable energy, energy efficiency, climate change, environment, etc. in Turkey through their office located in Ankara. These projects require strong thematic expertise in different areas of renewable energy (wind, solar, biomass, etc.) and energy efficiency (industry, buildings, transport, etc.) and other specialities (for more information about the project, please see https://yevdes.org/).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Project Assistant on a full-time contract to support the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Support for the Municipalities and Universities Project in Ankara.
The Project Assistant responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Project Assistant is responsible for:
- Performing necessary office management tasks in coordination with Office Manager
- Supporting Office Manager in meeting the administrative needs of the office independently, with a minimum of intervention
- Assisting the Technical Assistance Team and the experts in meetings and in the day-to-day implementation of the Project
- Assisting with office support tasks such planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities
- Providing support in managing and monitoring the financial accounts and plans of the Project
- Organizing and managing Project data and files/documents
- Preparing routine correspondence requested by Team Leader and Office Manager
- Processing incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Supporting the Technical Assistance Team and the experts in carrying out project activities
B. Required qualifications and experience
- University degree from a reputable university (BSc in Mechanical / Electrical / Environment Engineering is desired)
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Experience in EU funded projects in project assistant, financial or administrative positions
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Full computer literacy, advanced use of MS Office tools
- Ability to revise/edit reports
- Past experience providing support to international experts
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in an international team environment
- Able to work in a complex and fast paced environment
- Able to prioritize multiple work assignments and to meet deadlines
- Diplomatic and responsive in high level environments
- Occasional travel within Turkey is a requirement
- Fluent in English and Turkish; knowledge of German would be an asset
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
- Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to [email protected] , (max.3 MB) with the reference of (Ref: Project Assistant in YEVDES) latest by 19th of November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where you saw this job posting.