Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for 4 highly qualified Project Assistant – TSl.
About the Job
- Implement the awareness raising activities for Syrian refugee community
- Participate in developing and adapting the methods and materials used
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the project as well as reporting and documentation
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC-DDG procedures and guidelines within the country. The role provides support to the implementation of Travel Safety Information activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Travel Safety Information Awareness Sessions to the Syrian refugee population based in Sanliurfa province; and provide Travel Safety Information workshops when required (70%)
- Support to develop and improve Travel Safety Information materials together with the Travel Safety Information Coordinator (including translation) Prepare session reports, summary reports, and reports on all implemented activity (12%)
- Facilitate the day to day monitoring and impact monitoring of the implemented activities by the Area Manager and Travel Safety Information Coordinator (including translation); (10%)
- Ensure that all Travel Safety Information activities are implemented to a high standard;
- Liaise with the community leaders to sensitize them on the Travel Safety Information project (2%)
- In coordination with the TSI Coordiantor, ensure that all forms and questionnaires are accurate, of high quality and are adapted to the local context
- Collect the requested data, using the forms and questionnaires provided by the Travel Safety Information Officer (3%);
- Support the Travel Safety Information Coordinator to maintain all project-related documentation and ensure proper filing (3%)
- Conduct any other professional task requested by the Area manager
To be successful in this role, you must have university degree in a relevant field, i.e. education, social work etc.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Teaching skills – at least 2 years of relevant professional experience with training/teaching/facilitation or similar;
- Commitment in social issues – previous experience with social work an asset;
- Previous experience with reporting, monitoring & evaluation an asset;
- Fluency in Arabic a must, English and Turkish a strong asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 4 Months
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Şanlıurfa Office
Start date: 02.12.2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ngojobs
- All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to . Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications: 15.11.2019
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.