Stichting Mayday Rescue Foundation is an international not for profit organisation. Mayday seeks to protect civilians against the effects of war and natural disaster by enabling them to protect themselves. We work where we are most needed: we seek to support the communities that are the most vulnerable and the most exposed to threats from conflict or natural disaster. We build solutions to the problem at hand. Our customers are the civilians we protect. Our method is the capability we build from amongst them. The training and equipment of civilian protection/community resilience capabilities is a means to an end. We measure our performance by how good our teams’ civilian protection service is, as judged by the civilians they, and we serve. Mayday is headquartered in the Netherlands and operates regional office in Turkey. Our multinational team of more than 30 specialists has extensive experience of delivering complex programmes. Mayday Rescue Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Further information about Mayday can be found at www.maydayrescue.org
Scope of Work
The Finance Officer – Reconciliation ensures accurate and timely matching the receipts from the SCD with the payments of SMRF.
Tasks and Activities
· Reconciling the current accounts of the sub-grant partner in relation to their subgrants and payments on monthly basis
· Checking the reports and receipts from subgrantees for accuracy and compliance and flagging any inconsistencies to requirements to the line manager
· Communicating necessary report adjustments to the subgrantee
· Archiving the receipts of the subgrants on the relevant SharePoint files
· Responsible for monthly project closure activities as defined in the Accounting Manual in relation to the subgrantee current account
· Ensuring the donor demands, as stated in the agreements with the donors, are met in the day to day tasks
· Other related tasks as requested by line manager
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or associated subject
2 years hands-on finance experience Developed understanding of donor grant policies., knowledge of sub-granting mechanisms.
Skills and abilities
Arabic speaker – essential. English oral and written – essential.
Effective English and Arabic communicator.
Proactive, problem solving attitude. Demonstrated ability to deliver accurate effective work under time and delivery pressure.
- Mayday Rescue is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities within its workforce, regardless of race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religious and political believes, or sexual orientation. Mayday Rescue encourages qualified female and male candidates, to apply to become a part of our team. If you find yourself a good match for this position, and if you are interested in joining a highly dynamic team and having a direct positive impact on Mayday’s programmes, please submit your CV and cover letter on our career portal by clicking below link. https://goo.gl/Vixei8
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in cover letter where you saw this job posting.