INARA provides life-altering medical care for children from conflict areas who have catastrophic injuries or illnesses and are unable to access treatment due to war. INARA steps in to fill the gaps in access to medical treatment when not provided by other institutions or non-profits, including financial assistance where needed.
The Content Creator is a part-time position of three-days a week, which will be a vital part of the implementation of the INARA communications strategy. She/he will work to produce high-quality video and photographic content that will help to promote INARA’s work worldwide and help to generate vital funding.
- Working with the Communications Manager to produce detailed film briefs ahead of all shoots.
- Create compelling video content to help us raise awareness of INARA, and to encourage and stimulate individual donations.
- The communications lead on all filming trips in Turkey – managing from start to finish (including arranging transport, and liaising with the Casework team).
- Editing of all videos to produce high-quality content that is in line with INARA’s brand guidelines.
- Come up with creative ideas for content production – looking at each of our case stories to find common themes, or interesting parts of their INARA journey that they can tease out to produce good content.
- Organizing all of the footage so that it is readily accessible for INARA at a later stage.
- Working with the INARA team to subtitle all videos.
- Capturing key moments in a child’s INARA journey through eye-catching images.
- Managing the photo library in conjunction with the Communications Manager.
- Reports to the Communications Manager on a regular basis.
- Adheres to child protection and ensures that the best interests of the child are respected.
- Assisting the communications team with other requests (e.g. support with social media) occasionally.
- A Bachelor’s degree in film, journalism or communication.
- A minimum of two years’ experience producing and editing videos – preferably within the humanitarian context.
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and knowledge of best practices and principles when working with this group is desired.
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Turkish proficiency is preferred.
- Current Turkish Residency Permit or Turkish Citizenship Required
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are interested, please apply with a covering letter, CV (both in English) and a portfolio of photos and videos that you have worked on to [email protected] by December 10, 2019 with reference: Content Creator – Turkey in the email subject line. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, therefore interviews can take place before the deadline date. However, due to the large number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant.
If you do not receive a reply we regret to inform you that we are proceeding with other candidates.