Syria Relief & Development (SRD) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing humanitarian aid to Syrians affected by violence, hunger, poverty, injury and displacement. Our Mission is to provide crisis humanitarian relief and plant the seeds of sustainable development for the people of Syria. Our Vision is to maintain humanitarian relief and mobilize resources to develop a comprehensive agenda for sustainable development in Syria. SRD is headquartered in the United States with offices in Amman, Jordan and Gaziantep, Turkey.
Main Objectives of this Position:
Supports HR Coordinator by executing HR and administrative tasks including recruitment, employee relations and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization and conduct orientation programs for new employees, according to the HR policies and procedures of SRD, in order to ensure legal and internal compliance.
· Properly organizes all HR documents and staff files, ensuring all the information for each staff member is up-to-date.
· Keeps tight communication with the HR Officer(s) in Syria, ensuring that all the information regarding the employees’ in Syria is registered and received under close supervisor of HR Coordinator.
· Enters and updates data (annual leave, PMS, training, contact modifications, etc.) into the database and personal files and keep them up-to-date to facilitate HR processes management.
· Follows up, files, and before the end of the month, collects all time-sheets for all staff (both in Syria and Jordan).
Provides updated Job Descriptions/Contracts to the staff in Turkey and Syria (sending the templates there).
· Helps HR Coordinator in the recruitment processes following SRD’s Recruitment Policy also monitor the Turkish and Syrian labor legislation and implements required changes to keep the process compliant.
· Maintains and updates the database of CVs of possible candidates/applicants.
· Maintains and updates the CV database of applicants.
· Prepares employment contracts/volunteer agreements.
· Prepares and keeps track, in collaboration with the HR Coordinator, of the new contracts and contract renewals.
· At the exit of the staff, assists in the closing of the contract and prepare the exit clearance form (providing information for final, etc.).
· Ensures confidentiality of all information regarding SRD employees.
Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position. With previous working experience with an NGO is desirable. Previous working experience with HR management is a plus
Bachelors in business management, HR or Administration/ License social science or any related degree. Significant relevant experience would be considered.
Languages: a great command of English and Arabic, Turkish will be an important asset.
IT knowledge: a good command of office (word, excel).
· To communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
· To work extra time as needed
· To maintain confidentiality of records and information
· To be organized and work within specified time constraints.
· To work independently or as a team player and to be good listener.
· To work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and effectively interact with all levels of any organization
· To be able to work within a mixed multinational team with a variety of backgrounds
- All interested candidates in the position who meet our requirements, please send your CV in English to [email protected] before 20-September-2019 stating in the subject “Human Resources Officer”.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey holding Valid residency or Turkish nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.