The Day After is a Syrian-led organization that works for democratic transition in Syria. TDA works with its partners among Syrian CSOs and international human rights’ organizations to influence Syrian and non-Syrian stakeholders for the favor of the democratic transition and to keep transitional justice and accountability as a high priority during transition.
Through its programs, TDA aims at strengthening the capacity of key civil society actors working on transitional justice and rule of law as well as representatives of victims of human rights and amplifying their voices within policy debates through developing widely supported, evidence-based recommendations and channeling them to the negotiating parties and other stakeholders. We pursue this mission simultaneously through “bottom-up” and “top-down” strategies to ensure that transitional justice is not dropped off the negotiations. In addition of ensuring that relevant stakeholders are informed and demonstrate deep understanding and support of accountability and transitional justice related issues, TDA aims at empowering the local communities to be resilient and adopt principles of transitional justice.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Part of TDA’s senior management team and report directly to the Executive Director,
- Contributes to the development of TDA’s overall vision and strategy for all programs and activities;
- Primary responsible for drafting of project proposals and fund raising;
- Provides technical consultation, for program activities including outreach, coordination and partnerships development, as well as media relations and public relations;
- Represents TDA in meetings with stakeholders, partners and donors;
- Supervise & support TDA’s M&E and reporting team, and ensure that TDA reports are deliverd on time and in good qulity that reflect the achieved results; and
- Supervise & support TDA’s communication and advocacy team and ensure that TDA’s communication plan is implemented and its objectives are met.
Skills and qualifications:
TDA is looking to hire a full-time consultant in its head office in Istanbul to serve as the Head of Development and Outreach. Applicants should enjoy:
1- Relevant academic and/or professional background in the fields of international development, transitional justice, political science,
2- 7+ year experience working with NGOs,
3- Good understanding of the context of the Syrian conflict,
4- High skills in programs design, proposals development, and reporting to international donors,
5- High presentation and communication skills,
6- Leadership skills,
7- Excellent command in English language,
8- Women are encouraged to apply,
9- Syrian and non-Syrian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position to [email protected], Please state the job title in the subject line: Head of development and outreach.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.