General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programs, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
The Grants Officer will assist in the day to day activities of the Grants and Partnership team related to management of grants, program reporting and proposal development. The Grants Officer will support the Grants and Partnership Director in programmatic and budgetary monitoring, adherence with donors and internal Orange rules and regulations. S/He will support the collection of data and reports from program teams, tracking program progress and support in internal and external communication related activities. The Grants Officer will work closely with the program teams and will report to Orange’s Grants Director.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
• Ensure that relevant information for donors’ proposal and reports is collected from program departments and assist grants manager in drafting donor proposals and reports
• Maintain Orange’s Turkey grants filing system including hard and soft files
• Play a role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings, which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, and operations) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
• Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, facilitate project review, evaluation and audits;
• With input from Project Managers and Monitoring and Evaluation team, assist in producing high quality activity and program progress reports as per donors and Orange requirements
• Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents;
• Support Grants in organizing and managing meetings with other department within the organization or externally
• Develop donors reporting templates and trackers
• Other duties as needed
• Support the Advocacy and Communication team in ensuring effective communications and visibility within Orange Turkey team and to external audience.
• Assist the Advocacy and Communication team in developing, implementing and monitoring communication plans as per donor guidelines
• Undertake filed visits to collect communication information such as case studies, success stories and photos
• Support Advocacy and Communication team and program team in preparing visibility material such as banners, signs, monthly newsletter, and share stories with Orange’ Senior Management for special events.
• Information Management
• To distribute and share with all Orange staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc.) related to their specific programs. Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use.
• To act as an information resource on Turkey and Syria and provide informative and varied articles from several sources regarding the current political, socio-economic, security situation in these countries.
• Provide briefing papers and support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings on Orange’ Syria and Turkey programs in particular.
• Any other assignments as required.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, or other related fields.
• At least 2 years of work experience in relief or development programs preferably in Syrian conflict
• Excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in English
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit documents under tight deadlines
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
• Excellent knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and other relevant programs
• Capable of delivering products with minimal supervision
• Physically fit and able to cope with demands of unusual working hours and difficult environments.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience working with international donors.
• Knowledge of Turkish and Arabic is an asset.
Orange’s Values and Principles
We believe that:
Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve
Child safe guarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
- In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please submit your CV using the link here on or before 22 September 2019.
- Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications.