General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programs, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
The Grants Intern will be working with the Partnership and Grants Team assisting in the day to day activities department related to management of grants, program reporting and proposal development. The Grants Intern will be supporting the Grants and Partnership Director and Grants Officer in programmatic monitoring. S/He will be supporting the collection of data and reports from program teams, tracking program progress and support in internal and external communication related activities. The Grants Intern will be working closely with the program teams and will be reporting to Orange’s Grants Director.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring that relevant information for donors’ proposal and reports is collected from program departments and assist grants manager in drafting donor proposals and reports
• Maintaining Orange’s Turkey grants filing system including hard and soft files
• Playing a role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings, which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, and operations) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
• Assisting in producing high quality activity and program progress reports as per donors and Orange requirements
• Providing high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents;
• Supporting Grants in organizing and managing meetings with other department within the organization or externally
• Developing donors reporting templates and trackers
• Any other assignments as required.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, International Development, International Relations, or other related fields.
• Excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in English
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
• Excellent knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and other relevant programs
• Physically fit and able to cope with demands of unusual working hours and difficult environments.
• Good interpersonal skills.
Orange’s Values and Principles
We believe that:
Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve
Child safe guarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
- In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please submit your CV using the link here on or before 22 September 2019.
- Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications.