Duty station: Gaziantep, Turkey
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Al Ameen, short for Al-Ameen for Humanitarian Support is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working throughout Syria and the border regions. Al-Ameen registered in Turkey in 2015 and currently works in four sectors, including Education, Health, and Food Security and Livelihoods. Al Ameen has not only focused on managing development projects, but also adds an advocacy component to empower Syrian civil society and local governance to all its projects. We expect our staff at Al-Ameen to be proactive, hard workers and team players.
Description of Position
The Program Coordinator (PC) will be hired to focus on a specific sector from the following; FSL, WASH, Education, or Health. Additionally, the PC must have prior experience development and implementing programs under their specific sector. The role of the PC is to coordinate between the different units, field staff, and funder’s priorities in order to develop and implement successful programs.
· The PC will work with the research officer to attain information and needs assessment in order to help provide the technical details of the project;
· The PC, will help in the development of programs, which benefit their sector;
· The PC will aid in the development of proposals for Donors and answer calls for RFPs;
· The PC will develop a relationship with other individuals from cluster meetings and any other program focused meetings, to help enhance Al-Ameen’s funding portfolio
· The PC will work with the PD to solidify the activity plan and timeline for each project.
· The PC will directly manage the field team, insuring that all project implementation is following activity timeline;
· The PC will mitigate problems with the PD that may occur during project implementation;
· The PC will coordinate with other departments in order to insure that all parts of the project are being implemented correctly
· The PC is expected to attend all program and team meetings;
· The PC will attend meetings, which are asked of them concerning their sector;
· The PC will also aid the organization in fund development
The potential PC must have the following requirements:
· Either a Bachelors of Arts or Science degree; an Advanced Degree is desired.
· At least two years of Program Management experience; remote management experience is desired
· Excellent knowledge of Syria and bordering countries
· Strong Arabic and English skills
· Strong networking, people management, and organization skills.
- To apply kindly send cover letter and CV to [email protected].
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
- Must meet minimum qualifications listed above.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.