Education Program Officer
Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
He/ She will be helping the Program Manager to monitor and execute the education project during the project lifetime cycle.
Reports to: Education Manager
Reporting to: The field program officer
Key areas of accountability and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the education Manager in HQ for the educational matters and represent Turkey office in all assigned education meetings.
- Coordinate with the administration of Education and SHAFAK offices inside Syria.
- Follow up the financial and administrative matters for the education projects, which involves tracking all Purchase Requests submitted to the related supporting departments (Finance and Logistics)
- Participate in the preparation of educational proposals and needs assessment and raise the necessary suggestions.
- Obtain statistical information, arrange and organize it in specific forms.
- Follow up the implementation of education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Prepare periodic status reports and other documents as required by management
- Lead in organizing and facilitating trainings programmes in psychosocial support, life skills, content and pedagogy.
- Daily follow-up of project activities with field staff
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor related to education.
Key Expected Results
- Support program development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying technical expertise
- Learning and researching
- Planning and organizing
Shafak is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Child Safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
Required Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A University Degree in education, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required
- 3 years previous working knowledge in NGO and project implementation.
- 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education sector at the national or international is an asset.
- Fluency in English and another UN language
- Good experience with MS programs
- Ability to work under pressure
- Keyboard Typing Skills are preferable.
- Turkish nationality candidates would be given priority.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ngojobs
Closing Date: 13-Aug-19
only short listed candidates will be contacted