Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Preferred Bachelors or Master’s degree in the Business Administration, humanitarian studies or organizational management, International Development or Agricultural Engineering. Significant relevant work experience in two or more of the following sub-sectors: Livelihood, Agricultural, Livestock, and Vocational Training and/or Value Chain support projects is mandatory.
General Work Experience:
Minimum 3 years of experience as a Project Manager, or a similar position, with relevant technical experience and understanding of the same sector. Good knowledge of Financial Management and contract management. Preferably with experience in NGO management, organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices with excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management approach. Good leadership and supervisory skills to motivate and inspire operations team is desired.
- Languages: Good in English and Arabic (writing –reading –speaking) other language will be desired especially Turkish
- Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including, excel, word, outlook etc.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization and work prioritization
- Being analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making
- Risk management
- Project & program Management
- Remote management
- People management
- Leadership and development
- Work overtime when required
- Proven partnership skills, donor relationship building and fundraising
- Collaborative and cooperative with other related departments e.g. supply chain, finance & grants, HR …etc
- Able to work independently / with remote supervision
- To work in busy environment of projects management
- To work extra time as needed
- To communicate efficiently/effectively with multiple team members of different backgrounds
- To communicate efficiently/effectively with donors and NGOs
- To communicate efficiently/effectively with legal authorities
- To show commitment to social justice and the mission of Syria Yardım as an organization
- To demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Manage the successful completion of assigned program and projects to ensure the effective and accountable management of the assigned program and projects.
- Set Program/ projects plans (detailed implementation plan, procurement plan, human resource plan, spending plan…etc)
- Ensuring effective implementation of program/ projects that meets contractual obligations including all partner/ donor policy, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensuring the program is in line with community and beneficiary needs
- Ensuring program is implemented to a high quality based upon related standards (e.g. Sphere, CHS, LEGS, CPMS, CaLP…etc)
- Managing Budgets and understand Financial Reports
- Managing the team effectively
- Ensuring proper documentation and compilation of program / project data
- Maintaining proper communication with the partner and donor
- Sharing information with donor, technical sector cluster, other NGOs and coordination structures
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational
- Ensure all internal and external narrative and financial reports (weekly, monthly, interim and final) are submitted within agreed timeframes to the relevant stakeholders
- Coaching, mentoring, training and development of program staff
- Design, document and implement sector specific plan and strategy
- Ensure relationship with clusters and other coordination bodies are strong and the profile of SR in such forums is positive and influential
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts)
- Ensure coordination between the program staff
- As much as possible integrate with other programs (sectors) in the services provided within the projects to increase the benefit that the vulnerable people are receiving
- Oversee the full set of projects that are implemented under his/ her sector to ensure good supervision, coordination, collaboration and integration.
- Creating a library of technical standard references and guidelines for the sector that he/ she is managing
- Work closely with the MEAL manager to develop the appropriate tools for the projects under his/her sector
- Work closely with Head of Programs Development & Head of program implementation to write, develop and submit concept notes, and proposals that match with the high standards for the sector as well as the rules and regulations of the donor/partner
- Actively seek for new funding opportunities for his/her sector
- Provide technical support to another SR offices in case of need after the approval of HOPI.
How to Apply:
- Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of HR Department in Syria Relief to [email protected] with the job code “SR.TR.ANT.FSLPM“ in the subject line .
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you discovered this job posting.
“All Suriye Yardım Derneğ members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as, SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct.”
- vacanciesinturkey.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.