MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Child Protection Officer at our Balat Child Center in Istanbul.
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 11 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Child Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and finally, through its Volunteer Program Maya provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
- Assessing vulnerabilities and developing strategies for intervention for child protection cases at Maya Vakfi and/or referrals from external stakeholders
- Under the guidance of Senior Protection Officer and the Project Coordinator, provide quality, timely and effective casework and case management services within a defined child protection service delivery framework
- Taking a leading role in child protection awareness raising informative sessions with children and caregivers, including developing and updating content and facilitating the informative sessions.
- Conducting and updating the service delivery map to maintain an accurate list and contacts for referrals of child protection risk cases.
- Regularly saving and protecting the necessary information and documents for database entry
- Providing regular inputs from the field regarding child protection risks and threats
- Assisting and providing inputs to update Maya Vakfi’s child protection strategy
- Timely reporting to Project Coordinator.
- Undergraduate degree in sociology, social work, psychology, law or related field
- Experience working with I/NGOs in Turkey and working with refugee communities
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Hands on experience working in a child protection role is an added advantage
- Fluent in English and Turkish.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and flexibility to work with two projects and with different stakeholders.
- Ability to be an analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
How to apply?
- Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter [email protected] referring to the position they are applying for by September 25th, 2019.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your email and cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.