The Manager of Finance and Administration (MFA) is responsible for the overall North East Syria (NES) office financial, human resources and administrative operations. The MFA has oversight of internal control systems and procedures, forecasting and realigning budgets, as well as comprehensive country-level budgets. The MFA oversees HR functions, including recruiting, hiring and retaining a qualified and skilled work force. The MFA is responsible for training and mentoring staff on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and best practices, as well as working closely with the country office staff and headquarters personnel to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and effective and proactive management.
· Directly oversee all financial and accounting activities.
· Financial recording, reporting, procuring and budgeting for the project.
· Work closely with key personnel to implement, and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures and procedures for the project.
· Develop and maintain sound financial management systems in line with USAID, OFDA and other donors as required rules and regulations and CHF International policies and procedures, and accounting principles.
· Manage the project budget ensuring all costs incurred by CHF International are accounted for and in compliance with donor regulations, CHF Field Finance and Accounting Manual (FFAM), and local laws as applicable.
· Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office through supervision and management; planning and supervising work of the program-related finance staff including tracking and monitoring of procurements and expenditures.
· Monitor project budget.
· Assist project officers in ensuring compliance with procurements and the FFAM, compliance with donor agreement and audit requirements.
· Work closely with project staff over the project implementation planning and cash flow projections.
· Ensure financial records and backup documentation is ready for internal and external audits.
· Work closely with HQ finance team and internal and external auditors.
· Safeguard CHF International assets and reputation for ethical conduct and fiscal transparency.
· Report any violation of compliance with a donor’s regulations or with CHF International own regulations as well as any instances of conflict of interest to the Chief Financial Officer at Headquarters.
· Assist in program development and proposal preparation as needed.
· Establish human capital objectives and strategies in line with organizational/programmatic objectives.
· Establish HR goals and accountabilities, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, compensation management, benefits administration, employee training and development, records management, employee relations and retention.
· Guide HR team in policy procedure establishment, interpretation and maintenance.
· Ensure employment and compensation practices are competitive and compliant with local labor code.
· Manage inventory of office equipment and supplies.
· Manage travel arrangements for staff, both domestically and internationally.
· Manage visa processing for expatriate staff.
· Ensure CHF International has appropriate insurance coverage and manages the policies.
· Develop and train on office management policies and procedures.
· Oversee the procurement of IT equipment.
· Oversee and ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of information technology hardware, software and equipment.
· Develop and train on IT policies and procedures.
· Manage the IT staff or outside service, as applicable.
· Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel.
· Ability to set up financial regulation systems with partner organizations to ensure the efficient and accurate disbursement of funds.
· Strong managerial skills and experience overseeing staff.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities and deadline pressures.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Fluency in written and spoken English required. Arabic is strongly preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance or related area.
· Minimum of 5 years managing finance, at least some of which was on a USG-funded program or relief effort of similar size and scope.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to apply:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter how (vacanciesinturkey.com) you heard about this position.