NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis):
10,778.41Turkish Lira (TRY) Monthly
3000 people are working 24/7 to protect 1.5 billion citizens. We serve 29 nations by defending its networks, and providing real life support to NATO operations and missions. We connect the Alliance. We are leading IT professionals. We are NCI Agency.
The NCI Agency is looking for a talented Principal Assistant (Resource Management). You will play a key role being responsible for the financial management of the funding allocated to CSU and its subordinate organizations. On a daily basis you will support delivery of services to customers in accordance with Service Level Agreements in line with customer funding procedures and functional guidance provided by the NCI Agency Financial Controller. You will also be responsible for providing support to the CSU Commander in the Sub-Property Accounting Officer (PAO) function, ensuring property accounting, supply and support requirements for all NATO owned CIS within the CSU’s Area of Responsibility (AoR). Thus, if you possess vocational training at higher level in relevant discipline, experience and genuine interest in financial management tasks and systems, as well as enterprise resource planning systems, project management processes, procedures and tools, we would like to meet you!
The Director of Service Operation (DSO) is accountable to plan, install, operate and maintain CIS services throughout the allocated Area of Responsibility (AOR), in static NATO Headquarters, Alliance Operations and Missions and Exercises, and supported Organisations. Service Operations are delivered and managed in close coordination with the Directorates of Applications Services, Infrastructure Services, AirC2 Services and BMD Services. DSO and the CSUs receive support from the Agency’s Enabler functions (General Services, Human Resources, Finance, and Acquisition).
The Agency CIS Support Unit (CSU) provides consistent, reliable and cost-effective CIS service delivery to all NATO customers located on the NATO compound.
Under the direction of the CSU Commander, you will perform duties such as the following:
- Acting as the principal financial advisor for the CSU Commander;
- Acting as Fund Manager for assigned allocations and exercising strict financial control during the execution stage of these allocations, ensuring compliance with NATO and Agency regulations, and guidance provided by the NCI Agency Financial Controller;
- Assisting in developing, screening, and updating financial plans for CSU xxxx and its subordinate organisations;
- Supporting financial analysis of customer requirements, coordinating the cost estimation and financial planning associated with negotiation of Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Agency Price Proposals;
- Providing analyses and producing management reports (for both internal and external use) regarding revenues, costs, variances from targets, productivity, and other aspects of management control;
- Support the preparation of Quarterly Service Level Reviews with Customers;
- Providing technical advice and functional support to Financial Controller, the Chief, Business Management, and to other senior managers within the Finance Directorate organization, if required;
- Identifying/verifying the proper funding categories for all purchases and services requested;
- Be the Senior Asset Management Advisor to the CSU Commander, NCI Agency Entities and External Customers within the CSU AoR;
- Oversee in the CSU’s AoR for CIS equipment the following: creation of requisitions, receipts of materiel, the Issue and Custody of property, establishing & maintaining of property accounts;
- Ensure agreed Property Disposal processes are followed in accordance with NCI Agency Policy and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Ensure Customer requirements are in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA);
- Ensure Annual Inventory Inspections are conducted in accordance Agency Directives and coordinated with CIS Points of Contacts (CISPOCS) in NCI AGENCY elements and External Customers per the CSU AoR;
- Ensure all CIS equipment discrepancies are fully investigated, documented, reported in accordance with NCI Agency directives;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
We are looking for a candidate with a vocational training at higher level in a relevant discipline, leading to a professional qualification with at least 8 years of relevant experience;
Or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
In addition to a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, you will have:
- Experience in financial management within a customer funding environment;
- Experience in planning, preparation and production of budget submissions;
- Experience in budget execution and resource management;
- Experience in preparing/conducting statistical sampling methods and reporting;
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), project management processes, procedures and tools.
- Experience in using Oracle Financials;
- Experience in Supply Chain Management;
- Knowledge and experience in the NCI Agency property accounting processes and procedures;
- Knowledge and experience of IPSAS Asset Management;
- General knowledge of CIS/ICT assets;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including the NATO Command Structure.
We are looking for a person who demonstrates the following behavioural competencies:
- Deciding and Initiating Action – includes making decisions, taking responsibility, acting with confidence, acting on own initiative, taking action, and taking calculated risks.
- Working with People – includes working with people, understanding others, adapting to the team, building team spirit, recognizing and rewarding contributions, listening, consulting others, communicating proactively, showing tolerance and consideration, showing empathy, supporting others, caring for others, as well as developing and communicating self-knowledge and insight.
- Persuading and Influencing – entails making an impact, shaping conversations, appealing to emotions, promoting ideas, negotiating, gaining agreement, and dealing with sensitive issues.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – which includes focusing on customer needs and satisfaction, setting high standards for quality, monitoring and maintaining quality, working systematically, maintaining quality processes, maintaining productivity levels, and driving projects to results.
- Following Instructions and Procedures – including competencies like following directions, following procedures, time keeping and attending, demonstrating commitment, showing awareness of safety issues, and complying with legal obligations.
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives – entails achieving objectives, working energetically and enthusiastically, pursuing self-development, and demonstrating ambition.
- Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices;
- May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
- A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
- Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
- Staff member’s desire to remain with the Agency.
- The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
- The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency’s work and/or availability of funding.
- Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency,
- Staff member’s deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member’s work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
What do we offer?
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children’s allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
- Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
- Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/natojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
The Agency’s recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months.
We appreciate your patience.