The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is a UN organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. UNV does this by enhancing opportunities for voluntary participation by all peoples. UNV fosters conditions in which volunteerism can flourish through three main activities: advocacy, integration and mobilization
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Team Leader of the Office of the Resident Coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV UN Coordination Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
- Support gathering of necessary inputs for the development of the UNSDCF Joined Work Plans (JWP) and mainstreaming of the Covid-19 Socio Economic Response into the JWP;
- Support the Covid-19 Socio Economic Response Task Team and the Partnerships and Development Financing Task Force with necessary research and analysis;
- Support research processes through preliminary research and policy briefs.
- Prepare backup notes, studies, and conduct research related to the implementation of the RCO workstreams;
- Support the proof reading and copy editing of products of the UNRCO.
- Working with personnel across the UN System in Turkey to collect and summarize data for internal reporting and to inform decision-making.
- Support the data entry, data analysis and report writing.
- Assist with the implementation, maintenance of Covid-19 JWP and indicator reporting to UN INFO.
- Provide coordination and logistical support for events such as workshops, trainings, etc.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Advanced university degree in a relevant field of expertise (e.g. Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or other related fields)
Required experience: 24 Months
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Experience working/volunteering to respect, promote, protect, fulfill the rights of marginalized groups is an advantage
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Have affinity with or interest in volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other emergency management experience, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination, Other development programme/project experience
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Turkey and legal residents in Turkey with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 26-11-2020
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.