Title : Information Management Officer
Reporting Line: Programme coordinator
Duty Place: Turkey, Gaziantep
Muzun for Humanitarian & Development (MHD) is a civil society and Non-for-profit Organization registered in Gaziantep, Turkey, since 2015. We are dedicated to providing relief and non-relief assistance inside the whole of Syria. MHD was founded by professional humanitarian workers engaged in the Syrian humanitarian response, coming from the communities affected by the conflict. We have set up this organization in order to support fellow Syrians on their way out of vulnerability, providing assistance to maintain their resilience and to help them cope with the challenging conflict environment. In our work, we focus on the most vulnerable people of the society, including, but not limited to: women, children, elderly, and persons with special needs. As a grassroots organization, our work is community-led, locally owned and sustainable. We aim to support pre-existing structures where possible and embed our assistance in a self-sustaining development trajectory. MHD operates all across Syria, currently focusing on Aleppo governorate (A’zaz, Jarablus, Al Baba and Western countryside), Idleb, Hama Countryside, Governorates. Additionally, Muzun is working as a third-party contractor in a big network of stakeholders dedicated to the Syrian humanitarian response, providing support in Data Assessment and Quality Assurance amongst others. Muzun aims to use this network for cooperating and coordinating humanitarian assistance, providing the best synergetic effects possible for the people in need.www.muzun.org
Information Management Officer:
The overall role of the Information Management Officer(IMO) is to ensure that information required to support humanitarian operations and projects is collected, organized and distributed to all stakeholders. Building data collection and analysis tools and preparing monthly reports, Provide all updates and changes to the program coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement and regularly update the Information Management Strategy and the Dissemination Plan for all information management
- Design necessary data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of data collected are clear and that questions are simple, clear and collectible.
- Organize and manage data input from data collection forms and conduct an initial analysis of the data
- Based on the data collected, conduct needs and gap identification for the relevant sector
- Develop an information-sharing platform as a web-portal.
- Perform advisory and technical assignments in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Organize and maintain GIS data in accordance with the data management organization protocols.
- Update 4W matrix with information and data from the relevant sector.
- Identify appropriate secondary data and information resources.
- Provide information management services to support IDPs data management activities including their estimation, information flows from established systems, movement tracking, standard-setting, and dissemination
- Participate in Cluster and inter-cluster meetings representing the deploying organization, and provide the necessary support in presenting the relevant data and information.
- Provide new update concerning information management issues to programme Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, administration, or other related field ·
- Professional technical experience matching the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 3 years of humanitarian field experience.
- Good report writing skills
- Relevant educational background and data analysis knowledge
- Good experience on information programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations.
- Good time management skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Good management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Arabic languages, English is obligatory
- Applications for this position should be sent your CV (by email only) to [email protected] with the title of the job .
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (in your e-mail ) where you discovered this job posting(vacanciesinturkey.com).
- Deadline is on 21/07/2019