AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin, and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Mental Health Technıcal Manager who will be positioned in Istanbul/ Atakoy.
- Provide clinincal supervision and technical support to field offices’ pyschologists for individual cases counselling,
- Prepare MH units’ tools and forms with the aim of information integration into the overall programme,
- Train and provide induction to MH component staff on MH care in thecontext of refugees/displaced persons, including interventions and best-practices on MH and PSS activities,
- Train all AAR Japan staff on MH and PSS related topics per necessity,
- Assist AAR SMT in monitoring progress and quality of services, regular reviewing of process and practices, and in appraising the performance of MH staff,
- Assist AAR SMT in developing scope and strategy of the mental health component with the aim of synergising and integrating mental health care and psychosocial support activities into all ongoing projects,
- Assist AAR SMT in the recruitment of Mental Health professional and psychosocial workers by conducting technical competency-based interviews, draft written exams etc.
- Provide on-demand task assistance and opportunities for professional development of MH staff.
- Bachelor degree with the related studies
- At least 7 years professional experience with 5 years experience in a relevant or transferable area of work
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft office softwares, especially maintaining basic formula and functions\
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Excellent and up to date knowledge and capacity in the area of work including labour management
- Experience/ability to develop MH strategy and policies and procedures.
- Experience/ability of building staff capacity and to facilitate/deliver engaging training sessions
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and work in difficult environment
- Master Degree or PHD
- 9 years or more of professional experience
- 6 years or more of relevant field of work at similar level of responsibilities
- Ability to speak and write Turkish and/or Arabic fluently
- Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to [email protected] indicating the code number which is IAT-MH-2020 in the subject line after filling the application form on :
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.