CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey. CARE began projects responding to the needs of Syrian refugees in southern Turkey in October 2014.
The main objective of the Market Analysis coordinator is to ensure all cash based programming is supported with solid market data and analysis which ensuring making the best possible impact of markets in operational areas. The Market Analysis coordinator will provide monthly market analysis reports and manage a team of ER consultant in Syria.
This position will report to the Cash-Based Response Manager and will work closely with the rapid response project manager other Project Managers supporting projects in northern Syria when needed.
Job Responsibility #1 Market Assessment and Analysis: %60
- Development of market assessment tools as required.
- Be responsible for conducting timely assessments in target locations according to agreed work-plans with a team of market monitoring volunteers.
- Ensure accurate price and market monitoring data collected by the assessors.
- Become the primary analyst for all market assessments data analysis, highlighting trends, and monitoring related concerns.
- Monitoring market progress through analyzing and comparing baseline and later rounds/end-lines.
- Oversee all Emergency response program market assessments and market monitoring, in coordination with the CBR Manager.
- Contribute to the cash-based response technical working group by sharing findings of market analysis reports.
Job Responsibility #2 Staff Supervision and Capacity Building: %15
- Recruit and train new ER market assessors as required.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, capacity building, and specialized training to related ER staff/assessors on an ongoing basis.
Job Responsibility #3 Database Management and Reporting: %15
- Submit monthly market analysis reports and presentations on that report.
- Provide periodic price monitoring reports with key findings.
- Analyze data and draft reports where required.
- Provide feedback to the ER department on all assessment findings.
- Provide inputs and reports about the markets’ updates and changes to be shared with external stakeholders
- Support the emergency team to provide an accurate date on market monitoring activities monthly.
Job Responsibility #4 Other requirements: %10
- Work closely with the Emergency response programming Team to improve overall program assessment tools and systems.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the documents and their content.
- Working with CBR project managers in data collection processes and following up on any issues to ensure the data is validated.
- Coordinate with the M&E unit on any ER M&E support needs including assessments, data collection instruments, pieces of training, and database support.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- University Degree in a related field required; postgraduate degree an advantage
- Minimum 2 years previous experience working with data collection, database development and management, and/or reporting.
- Previous experience supervising teams a strong advantage.
- Experience in market research and analysis
- Experience in program monitoring, coordination and information management.
- Experience and/or knowledge of market analysis tools, including market systems analysis
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Expert at MS Excel, VBA is an advantage.
- Experience with other software related to data management systems and analysis is preferred.
- Experience with software related to analysis via maps (such as QGIS) is highly preferred.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with other organizations.
- Excellent command of Excel and other data management software
- In-depth knowledge of database software and data collection applications.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong English writing and reporting skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Strong coaching, training, and mentoring skills.
- Gender awareness and a commitment to gender equality
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinturkey.com/gaziantepjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **